Ring tones
Harold
Does anyone know if we can record our own ring tones using the sound recorder on a LG ENV2 phone. Also, on that phone are "sounds". It doesn't appear that they are available to use as ring tones. If anyone knows if they can be, let me know. This phone is new to us.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ring tones
Yakove
Contributor - Level 1
Verizon Wireless only allows you to download ringtones threw txt msgs or threw the get it now / media center application on the phone. There are programs like BITPIM that allow you to make your own ringtones and use them on the phone but use of that kind of application will void your warrantee...
0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

I also have the Env2. As far as I know any 'sound' in My Sounds can become a ringtone. You just have to jump through the right hoops.

(1) If you have not already done so Use the record feature to record the sound you want as a ringtone

(2) Find the sound in My Sounds and press the options key

(3) Select Send

(4) Enter your own phone number

(5) Send

(6) When you receive the message select View Now

(7) Press Options

(8) select Save As Ringtone (option 4 on the Env2)

That works for me.

0 Likes
Crzy4Oldies
I tried your suggestion and I got the message Exceeded maximum file size.  Does anyone know what the maximum file size can be?
0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1
Not sure, but I'd keep it 30 seconds or less. After all you want to answer the phone not just listen to it ring :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
calbdee
Those directions were great!  I wish you wrote the User Guide!
0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2
There is a guide, and I literally wrote it. There are max specs to use. I like to keep ringtones under 400K. NO MORE than 38 seconds. Sampling rate 22050 mono at 16 bits. 56kbps . Although you can up these specs, you wont notice a lot of difference in quality. Also users have reported emailing .wav files, and myself have tried a aac file. These will simply be converted to mp3 file format. It is advisable to save it as mp3 format. I wrote several " how to's " under this forum heading
0 Likes