Returning Upgraded Phone
nlave
Enthusiast - Level 1

I originally upgraded to the Note 2 and then returned that device and upgraded to an 8x. I'm not at all happy with Windows Phone and would like to return that device a well. Can I do that after returning the Note 2? If so, I know I won't be eligible for an upgrade anymore but will my contract still be extended another two years?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Returning Upgraded Phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can return the Windows phone, but you will not be able to exchange it for another "upgrade".  You will have to go back to your previous phone or "bring your own" - one borrowed from a friend or purchased elsewhere (eBay, etc)

After 30, (or is it 60?) days, you can then go through the upgrade process again - after returning the second phone, your account SHOULD reset to the previous upgrade eligibility since you effectively did NOT upgrade to a new phone - both were returned.

0 Likes
Re: Returning Upgraded Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nlave,

I am sorry you're not happy with the Windows 8 device! I'd like to assist you further with your inquiry! Adding to what SuzyQ mentioned, you can return your device within 14 days to the place of purchase!  This is part of our worry free guarantee! There would be a $35.00 restocking fee! Once we confirm that the device has been returned, we would restore your upgrade date to what it was before you upgraded! Here's a link for more details http://tinyurl.com/cxmaxhe! I trust that we would have a different device that you can select as an upgrade shortly after you've returned the Windows 8 phone!

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes