Returned phones within 14 day period, still charged for them
JAMK
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a ridiculous issue.

I've called 8 times to your national service center, and  3 times to the shop I returned it to.

Basically asking them when will my credits apply - they mentioned 'Because you ported the number before returning the phones, we need to escalate the matter manually with many redtapes & paperwork'.

It's been two months since we cancelled & returned the phones. The bill still shows the same amount, and I've passed the payment deadline.

Right now, my credit score isn't affected yet. If it does get affected because of late payment, I will sue Verizon. This whole process is ridiculous. The whole wait I'm put through when trying to contact you people is ridiculous... having no option to revise the amount AFTER a number has been ported sounds 18th century to me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Returned phones within 14 day period, still charged for them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn you are no longer with Verizon Wireless, JAMK. This has gone on for too long and I want to ensure the refund is applied to the account. In effort to assist, I have sent you a direct message. Please reply to my direct message to continue.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AuAustinVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recommend you monitor your credit report closely and be ready to file an inquiry/dispute report to the credit bureaus (NOT direct to Verizon) when Verizon files a negative report, because they WILL.  You cannot sue Verizon yourself for incorrect credit reporting (private action against credit information furnishers is prohibited.)

File the dispute with the credit bureau who must then have Verizon verify the charge, which the will. 

In the meantime,  file a complaint with the Department of Commerce, as Verizon would be violating their duty to report accurately under the "Credit report information furnishers rule".  The DOC will intercede on your behalf.  (Even better than a lawsuit.)

I had my credit damaged for 7 years for a similar situation... even though I remained a Verizon customer for the same service the entire intervening time - just a different, pre existing account -- and  despite filing disputes repeatedly with Verizon.  Took me too long to figure it out. 

But don't hold your breath on a satisfactory resolution from Verizon without a DOC complaint.  Good luck.

JAMK
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, Austin!

Verizon just settled it for me. It's funny when companies' dirty laundry  is aired publicly, they take swift action. I've been trying to get the credits applied for the past 2 months, and apparently all they had to do was call someone and click a button.

Somewhere the process is broken. What a pain.

0 Likes