I have had the MOST frustrating time dealing with Verizon Wireless, but I'll try to stick tot he facts, in hopes of receiving OBJECTIVE and HELPFUL information from the company. Here goes:
1. I ordered a phone to replace my current one, and received it on 19 December. Tried it out for one day, didn't like it at all, so I decided to return it.
2. Contacted Verizon Wireless on 20 December and they instructed me to simply return the phone in the box it came in, using the return lable, and it would get back to Verizon Wireless for my refund.
3. I dropped the package off at a Parcel Post store on 21 December. I've used this place several times a year, but the past seven years, without any problems.
4. It is now 27 December, and the tracking number doesn't show up at either the FedEx web site, or the USPS web site.
5. I contacted the people from the Parcel Post store, just to make sure the package wasn't lying around anywhere. It wasn't.
6. I contacted Verizon Wireless about this, and the first person I spoke to basically told me I had to conduct my own investigation, to determine what happened to the phone. I repeatedly told this person what had transpired, but to no avail. I asked that person if I was expected to call my local police department and have them take a report. This person said yes. Incredible, Verizon Wireless!
7. This person was also very, very irritating in his demeanor, seemed very flippant, and insensitive to my dilemma. I was getting so upset with him, I asked to be transferred to someone else, but he said, "Well, I can transfer you to someone else, but they are going to tell you the same thing", which was essentially telling me I would be wasting my time. I told this person it was my right to speak to someone else, especially in view of the fact that I wasn't getting anywhere with him.
8.After a 10 minute wait I hung up, called back, and went through the same routine again with someone else. The only difference was that this person told me to contact FedEx and have them conduct a trace of the package.
9. I did call FedEx and they basically told me that FedEx only picked up the package and delivered it to the USPS, who, in turn, would deliver to Verizon Wireless. At this point I was wondering, "Okay, so who has primary responsibility in assisting me at this point?".
10. So I called Verizon Wireless AGAIN, obviously running around in circles now. I got in touch with someone who at least seemed to be sympathetic with my plight, and said he would set this up as a case of a lost or stolen cell phone. This would also ensure that if the phone had been stolen, it would not be activated for service.
11. After all this, I was put in touch with someone else at Verizon Wireless, but who AGAIN told me to contact FedEx. Deja vu?
12. Called FedEx back and this time spoke to someone from the Phoenix "CAT Department", who allegedly filed a lost/stolen package claim. No claim number was provided to me.
13. At the end of this call I had been on the phone with both Verizon Wireless (mainly) and FedEx for TWO HOURS. I was so upset and stressed out after this ordeal that the back of my neck and my face were hot. Verizon Wireless, is this the kind of customer service experience that we, the consumers who feed your mega profits, have to endure?
14. At this point the tracking numbers STILL DO NOT show up at either the Verizon Wireless or USPS web sites, and NO ONE from either entity has stepped up and taken ownership of this problem. The lost/stolen phone charges are on my current Verizon Wireless bill, which I do not intend to pay, or at least for the lost/stolen phone. I can't believe I've been a Verizon Wireless AND Verizon Home customer this many years. If I could switch to someone else, I would. So Verizon Wireless, are you going to do ANYTHING to help me?
I have been dealing with the SAME thing since giving a package to a FEDEX driver on 11/23/2012. I contacted support before I mailed the package containing an unopened iPHONE 5 , used the Verizon supplied return label as instructed and the phone has never been received at the warehouse. I have spoken to Verizon at least five separate times and Fed Ex at least 3. This is the most frustrating service issue that I have ever dealt with. Verizon support has been useless, Fed Ex has been useless.
Oh my! We want the process of returning a package to be easy! I am so sorry to hear that this process has been frustrating. I am here to help! Have you received a message from Verizon Wireless stating that this package has been returned? If not, what happens when you attempt to track the package using the return Tracking label? Keep me posted.
Tweet us @vzwsupport
I just returned a phone also, I know this message is 1 year 3 months later than previous posts. I have received the update from FedEx on May 1, 2014, that my phone has arrived. However, I call and Verizon says it takes awhile to post it. I need it posted to get a replacement phone. This is poor customer service. We only have 15 days to return a phone, Verizon needs a time limit to post transactions. Your a company. Who can I talk to to get this posted. I have called 3 times now. However, I know you received it. Now it is 14 days.
Thanks for reaching out to us. I want to make sure that we get everything taken care of for you. I want to be able to turn things around and get us back on track. In order for me to pull up the account specifics for you, could you please send me a Direct Message. I did request to follow you, if you could please accept that request and then request to follow me back. Once we are following each other you can send a Direct Message. Here is a good link that will show you how to send a Direct Message: http://vz.to/1fbIKzK I hope to hear from you soon.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport