Return Device
skd1

I recently renewed a 2 year contract, I got my new device on January 1 of 2013, I got the phone I had because I heard no plans of the Nokia Lumia 920 coming to Verizon, I recently heard a few days after my month to "try out my new device" that the Nokia Lumia 928 was coming in April. Is there anyway I can negotiate to get a switch on devices, It has been more than a month, about 1 and a half, and that is a good time to try a device out, not 1 month, as problems come down the road, and you do not know that they will happen. Is there anyway to switch without paying full price for a phone, or not needing to pay the remove contract fee and then pay for the phone? Thank you for any assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Return Device
rcschnoor
Legend

Actually you only have 14 days to try out the phone before you are stuck with it. You have no chance after a month and a half.

Your best bet would be to purchase the other phone full price and to try and sell the other on a site such as swappa.com.

0 Likes
skd1

Thank-you for help, but 14 days is not enough time, a month should be standard. Guess I gotta wait 2 years... does not hurt to try. Thanks again

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 14 day return period is standard for the industry now. I know ATT has a 14 day return policy. I'm not as familiar with the return policies for Sprint and T-Mobile.

Verizon Wireless changed their return period from 30 to 14 days back in January 2011.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sprint recently went with the 14 day return policy, TM, no idea

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From T-Mobile's web site:

If you recently purchased a new T-Mobile phone 

You have 14 calendar days for discounted purchases with an annual plan at
retail stores (30 in CA), 20 calendar days for online purchases via
t-mobile.com, and 30 calendar days for full price purchases from the date of
purchase, to return purchased equipment to the point of purchase.

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2624