Re: Retired employee discount
JULie8719
Enthusiast - Level 2

No bashing now!!!

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What exactly is a fixed income?

I work Monday through Friday 8:30AM to 5:00PM. Sometimes later. Sometimes I work on Saturday and/or Sunday. I make a salary. I don't get paid overtime. I get paid once a month. Am I on a fixed income or would you say that I am not because I get up and go to work every day?

Why does Verizon Wireless even HAVE to offer a discount? None of us are entitled to anything but the services we pay for. If you can't afford the service without the discount, then you should change whatever you are subscribing to to something that you can afford without the discount.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JULie8719,

I’m sorry that we don’t offer a retired employee discount for the postal service. We wouldn’t want for you to even think about leaving our wireless family! Making sure you have a manageable bill is important. I would like to make sure that we explore any & all savings options for you. I’m going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather much needed information to assist you. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue. Thank you!

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

Heres the way it was explained to me (keep in mind this was like 2 years ago and my grandpa retired from Chrysler).

There's an agreement with the employers to provide the discount, Verizon provides a discount for the employees that is offered by the employer if the employer decides to stop offering that discount Verizon cant do anything to stop it.

I don't know how true that is but it goes along the same lines as what Anne said and to me it makes since.

(Just because someone sounds smart about what their trying to explain doesn't mean they work for Verizon)

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Agreed.

0 Likes
T_Sport1

This country is built on GREED! Everybody wants the all mighty buck and for the people who put in 40-50 years building this country, we get stepped on. Nobody gives back to the retired hard workers who sacrificed alot for what they made and keep jobs for the upcoming generation. NO RESPECT!!!! 

0 Likes