Response to blocked number?
autumnsarms

Okay, I recently blocked a number of someone who has been sending me streams of really horrible messages. I've been looking through the forums but there are all kinds of different answers. Will they get some kind of error message next time they try to text me? Does it matter if they have Verizon or not? I don't want them to think that I'm just getting their messages like always and choosing to ignore them.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Response to blocked number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi autumnsarms,  Unwanted calls and messages are never fun! If the blocked user is a Verizon Wireless subscriber they will see a red X in the sent folder with status failed notification "Delivery failed. Invalid destination or service blocked at destination". Also they receive a text message alert - "You cannot send messages to destinations that are blocked by the account owner." If they are not a Verizon Wireless subscriber they will see that their message sent but there will be no notification that the message failed to deliver.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

They will not see anything

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi autumnsarms,  Unwanted calls and messages are never fun! If the blocked user is a Verizon Wireless subscriber they will see a red X in the sent folder with status failed notification "Delivery failed. Invalid destination or service blocked at destination". Also they receive a text message alert - "You cannot send messages to destinations that are blocked by the account owner." If they are not a Verizon Wireless subscriber they will see that their message sent but there will be no notification that the message failed to deliver.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
autumnsarms

Perfect, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome autumnsarms, that's what we are here for! Please feel free to reach out or visit us here http://bit.ly/yN1P80 for any additional assistance. Thank you.

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes