Reps pushing specific phone
AZ8
Contributor - Level 1

Went in to upgrade my phone. What an epic disaster. Walked in happy and ready to purchase the LG V10. However, the rep kept asking "why that phone" or "what made you decide on that one".....blah blah blah. Was talking about how great the Turbo 2 is and how it can do everything th LG can. He kept shooting down my reasons why I wanted the LG.

Anyways....I kept my cool and told him I wanted the LG. At this point I was very agitated. Explained to him my situation is a little different in that Im on unlimited and off contract. I decided to change to the 3GB Verizon plan as well as purchase phone On the device payment plan. He said can't do both because Im off contract. WTF???  Told me to change plans first, wait a month, then purchase phone later. Or vice versa.

I was stunned. Thanked him for his time and walked out.

I've since cooled off and might head over to another store. Fortunately, I have a couple within 5-7 miles of me.

What a frustrating experience. Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
Re: Reps pushing specific phone
Snn5
Legend

You are not in contract, so you CAN do both:  change to a tiered plan AND buy on a payment plan.  Sales rep was pushing the Verizon exclusives I'm sure.  The Turbo is not much of a match for the V10, the Turbo lacking basic present day features like fingerprint reader and such.  The screen features are better, but at least LG still owns LG, unlike the different parent company every year that Moto has.  Not that the Turbo2 is a bad phone, but unattractive doesn't begin to describe my opinion of it.

AZ8
Contributor - Level 1

Well, Store #2 was AWESOME!!!!!!!

Walked in there and was greeted by a very friendly sales associate! I explained my situation and what just transpired at the other store and she was shocked.

In a span of about 30 minutes we got everything done and switched over and I walked out of the store with my brand new LG V10!!!!! 

I got everything I wanted with my bill. It will only increase by about $10. But I got a great new phone!

Crazy day! Smiley Happy

Brin1690
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went online and bought my new phone.  No salesmen and I got just the services I wanted with no contract.

mama23dogs
Legend

My son is phone shopping and we read reviews and comparisons of a few new phones.  These 2 didn't make the cut.

THe V10 is said to run choppy.  They put all the bells into the camera and sweet exterior and forgot its a phone.

Keep an eye on the 14 day return window if it gives you problems.  Btw, did you get all the free swag?

THe V10 is supposed to come with a battery and cradle and SD card. 

0 Likes
AZ8
Contributor - Level 1

mama23dogs: Not sure with your info regarding this phone. No phone is perfect. And trying to chase the perfect phone is fruitless. Most of the reviews I've read have been positive, sans  the Apple fan boy blogs and forums. Reviews have this phone highly rated. And so far, this phone has been great. This may be the best phone I've ever had....we'll see how this plays out in the coming weeks. But this phone is incredible!

One thing I already love about this phone is when a call comes through while I'm using my phone, i.e.,web browsing....the phone call shows up in the second screen, not suddenly appear on your entire phone like most phones today. Love this feature!

And yes, I'll be getting the "free swag" as you call it. Smiley Happy  Its a promotion through LG. You have to submit a receipt and IMEI info. Should have it within 4-6 weeks! It's a smoking promotion. Heck, the 200GB sd card alone runs $180 on Amazon!

Anyways....good luck on your search!

mama23dogs
Legend

Glad to hear it!  Perhaps my source got a lemon. 

I Was very intrigued by the second screen.  I think the Samsung edge idea is just another area for screen cracks that is hard to protect.  Love Samsung, but hate that idea.

I Think LG is on to something with this screen idea.

(And given the problems with previous Verizon only Turbo phone, I would touch them.  Bullet dodged)

BillyG57
Contributor - Level 1

Great choice with LG I have Moto X 2nd gen and will upgrade soon to LG. Tired of lack of support for Moto X 2nd gen.

Snn5
Legend

Don't wait too long...LG doesn't like to support their 2 year old phones.  But then, neither does Verizon.  Always buy a phone for what it is, not what it might be.  Well, unless it's a Nexus...except the Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

BillyG57
Contributor - Level 1

Two years would be great the Moto 2nd gen is a year old still no advanced calling and no further operating system updates.

0 Likes