Reporting problems in our area with calling 800 numbers.
Shutech

We are having call connect issues in our area. I seemed to just notice some calls in my location at work will not go through.

My brother is telling me that he definitely has issues with dialing 800 numbers of which I can attest that some but can't confirm isf all of my recent connect issues have been with 800 numbers.

We are making calls to businesses that have 800 numbers only available and my brother who makes daily a lot of calls to 800 numbers has tried to get their local number when he can so as to bypass the 800 number.

The problem is that we will dial the number hear some clicking after sending it and then nothing the phone call time counter will continue to count and 99% of the time we will have to initiate the disconnect on our end for the system to hang up. I personally have let it stay connected as long as a minute or 2 before disconnecting. Then usually a second call will mediate connect and I will get a ringing and then a call connect. some times it will take upwards of 3-4 tries.

Also when you dial and go to connect and doesn't sometimes the phone will click over and then you will start hearing an echo back of everything you say and the mic picks up.

What is going on here?

My brother who like I said uses a lot of 800 numbers for business has had this problem definitively with the 800 numbers. is this something nationwide or just local to us. We are in the Elkton MD Fairhill area.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reporting problems in our area with calling 800 numbers.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Shutech! Your description of this issue is very curious indeed! We have no reports of issues calling toll free numbers reported throughout the network. May I have an example of one of the toll free numbers that have been dialed? I'd like to test with my VZW phone. Thanks!

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes