Reporting poor to no Verizon coverage
mastrtec

Since Verizon makes it extremely difficult to report poor coverage, I figured I would just place the area here in hopes of an agent reading and reporting the problem.

There is little to no Verizon coverage of all types (4g/3g/2g) over pretty much the entire campus of the University of California, Riverside, and yes, including outside of classrooms/buildings.  The address of this campus is located at 900 University Ave, Riverside, CA 92507.  There are some spots on campus where there is absolutely zero coverage, including voice calls.  It seems that this is known by Verizon, as I have seen coverage problem reports dating back to 2009 regarding this area in these forums.  Certainly Verizon can do something to remedy this.  It would be nice to actually be able to USE my phone outside of the wifi connections within the buildings.  And no, my Samsung Galaxy S3 is not the problem, as it works perfectly fine in areas outside of the campus "dead zone".

Let's go Verizon.  You have the highest rated customer satisfaction of any other mobile phone provider.  Let's keep it that way and fix densely populated area dead zones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reporting poor to no Verizon coverage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should call it in via their customer service number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Reporting poor to no Verizon coverage
budone
Legend

Plopping a tower somewhere is not an easy task anymore with the NIMBY crowd. It can takes years, Not one or two, but many years and sometimes the companies just have to chalk it up as a lost cause.

It Could be zoning issues there, or any number of issues that precludes VZW from adding more service towers. Even the Pres of the school could be supported heavily by ATT or another cell company and they simply refuse to allow VZW to play

0 Likes