Reporting poor coverage and lost business for Verizon at commuter hotspot!
Sonoma_Gal

I use the Larkspur ferry to commute from Marin County to San Francisco CA several times a week, and consistently experience very poor or no coverage at both ends of the journey - the ferry terminals. (I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5, incidentally).

Aside from being frustrating for me (and I assume other Verizon customers), I can only imagine this represents a considerable loss of business activity for Verizon, as hundreds of people are routinely sitting in the terminals or on the ferries at the terminals many times a day, waiting for the boats to arrive or sail, unable to use their phones, tablets and other devices to capacity. Busy ferries at commute times can be carrying 400 people! Just to be clear, I do routinely get one or even two bars of coverage, but I suspect the sheer number of people sitting there trying to use the service just chokes it down to nothing!

Strangely, I get better coverage when the ferry is out in the middle of the bay. It seems to come mostly from Richmond, which at that point is several miles away!

I can hardly believe that Verizon would have overlooked this opportunity to provide bandwidth and provide customers with service at the ferry terminals, but it sure looks that way.

Verizon, can you comment on this and, even better, address the situation?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes