Report data dead zone in commercial center of Concord, MA
pateee18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to report a dead zone in the commercial center of Concord, MA. The phone registers a strong LTE signal, but any attempt to use data fails with no connection. This has been a persistent problem for about a year. This has been a problem across multiple phones. I hear others on the train platform complain as well.

This is one of the most central business districts in town. The train station at 80 Thoreau and the grocery store at 211 Sudbury are public places in this area, along with multiple restaurants and coffee shops. The zone has at least a 1/2 mile radius.

(I should also note that connectivity on the train line between Concord and Boston is also very spotty, but that is another issue.)

Labels (1)
Re: Report data dead zone in commercial center of Concord, MA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us Pateee18. We understand the importance of staying connected. Let's ensure we look into this together. Is this the only area you have issues in? Is it only data? Do calls and text messages go through? What's the make and model of your device?

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
pateee18
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, it is the only area with the problem. Yes, calls and texts go through--it is just data.

I have a Pixel 2. It was previously a problem with the Pixel (1) also. I hear many other commuters on the platform complain about the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate the additional details Pateee18. Since multiple people are having the issue, I do need to investigate your area. I have sent you a private message so I can assist you further. 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Richnmel1987

I have been having the same issues. I live in Concord and the internet connection on my iPhone XS is very slow in my home and is often completely unavailable in the downtown area. My other family members have had the same issues and I've recently spoken to neighbors who said Verizon service is horrible in Concord. We just switched from Sprint hoping to get faster speeds, but Verizon is much slower. If Verizon does not fix this ASAP, we are going to switch to AT&T.

0 Likes
rlirli
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched to Verizon recently, and I am having same issues in the area. I have a iPhone 12, the signal is pretty strong (3 bars), voice call and text are ok, but internet is completely unaccessible most of the time, occasionally I have the internet connection but it’s extremely slow. All 4 lines of my family have the same problem. 

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.