Replacing HTC Droid DNA with HTC One?
RaoulG4668
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

As I'm sure many of you may know, the HTC Droid DNA has a SIM card issue, which results in total loss of service until the device is reset or the SIM is remounted. This, over the past few months, has begun to aggravate me and countless others, including my coworkers at Best Buy with the same device. I would like to start by saying that also being a member of the United States Navy, I have already missed two calls from Department of Defense personnel. That drew the line for me; I was fine with missing a call or two from my mother, but to pay what I pay per month to get service maybe 70% of the time is unacceptable. I know it's not Verizon's fault, which is why I am exploring a few options. I have already replaced the SIM card in my device with zero results, it still happens quite a bit. I am fully aware that the next step is to send me a phone that has been up against the sweaty face of someone else (a refurb) that works almost like a new device. That's not acceptable; I would understand if I broke this device and needed a replacement, that makes sense. However this is not my issue as a customer, and considering the importance of the calls that I have missed and will inevitably continue to miss, I want to bypass this all around and be issued a new device. There is no fix for the DNA, it is a lost cause without recalling every DNA. It is a hardware as well as firmware issue and HTC does not have the funding to service every DNA.

Without further adieu, my question is (since all other comparable phones on Verizon's network are made out of Chinese plastic by Samsung) am I able to receive an HTC One from HTC themselves and have it activated on Verizon's network? I have already contacted them and they are willing to send me an unlocked HTC One in exchange for my inoperable DNA under terms of warranty. I am aware there are policies, and technical complications, but I want to know if this is possible. I want to enjoy my device (which includes not succumbing to a cheap Samsung product loaded to the brim with bloatware), I want to be in contact with the people I need to be in contact with (the Navy), and I want all of that simply because I pay you folks for exactly that. Now, is it possible?

Regards,

Ryan

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Replacing HTC Droid DNA with HTC One?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon RaoulG4668.

Having a reliable device that you pay for, as well as the service, is definitely a necessity! I apologize for the problems you've experienced with your DNA. If the HTC One is not for our network, VZW, it can't be activated on your account. It won't work. I completely understand not wanting a Certified Like-New device. How long have you had your DNA? To be honest, I've had the DNA since it launced and I've never experienced any problems with it, (SIM card error or anything). If its under warranty, it can be replaced with a Like-New device, which passes through 100-point inspection before being sent out. Like-new devices are not necessarily used phones. They could simply be returned within warranty without even being activated. Since they've been opened, they can't be sold as brand new. I would encourage you to take this route because it could be as simple as getting it replaced and being problem-free. Which is what we expect. If you would like to look further into this option, please send a Direct Message and we can follow up with you.

Thank you,

Vanessa_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

mjondle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with Raoul on this.  My wife is having the same problems with her DNA and it's very frustrating when we pay as much as we do to get a refurbished phone or one that's not made out of quality materials like the DNA is.  We have some very young children and need to be able to communicate with each other at all times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon RaoulG4668.

Having a reliable device that you pay for, as well as the service, is definitely a necessity! I apologize for the problems you've experienced with your DNA. If the HTC One is not for our network, VZW, it can't be activated on your account. It won't work. I completely understand not wanting a Certified Like-New device. How long have you had your DNA? To be honest, I've had the DNA since it launced and I've never experienced any problems with it, (SIM card error or anything). If its under warranty, it can be replaced with a Like-New device, which passes through 100-point inspection before being sent out. Like-new devices are not necessarily used phones. They could simply be returned within warranty without even being activated. Since they've been opened, they can't be sold as brand new. I would encourage you to take this route because it could be as simple as getting it replaced and being problem-free. Which is what we expect. If you would like to look further into this option, please send a Direct Message and we can follow up with you.

Thank you,

Vanessa_VZW

jcmcmanj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I COMPLETELY AGREE. This is BEYOND ridiculous. I'm done wasting my time and money, I do NOT want another DNA I want a completely different phone because I don't want to waste anymore of my time. This phone has become such an inconvenience and like you I have dropped phone calls during the middle of a conversation with my boss..TWICE! And its not like they know whats going on, for all they knew I hung up on them at the time.

And for the Verizon wireless customer service rep to throw it in our faces in response to your post stating: "To be honest, I've had the DNA since it launced and I've never experienced any problems with it, (SIM card error or anything)."

Great for you Vanessa, but that doesn't help us. I'd feel like your message would be more sincere if you actually acknowledged there is a problem going on.

They need to cut they're losses issue us what we want or negotiate with HTC and have them give us what we want.

Please let me know if you have any update getting a different phone. And I'd suggest trying the "chat" thru contact us/customer service if available, in order to talk to a representative because you can have the transcript of your conversation sent to your e-mail which is good for reference and in the event you need to provide proof of something.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Clearly you are frustrated, jcmcmanj. I can't fault you for that. Who wants to drop a call with their boss? We don't want to negate what you are experiencing, it is just confusing since many of us have the DNA in the area & we have not been through what you have been through. As you know, the warranty replaces the device with the same make/model.
If you are looking to replace with a different HTC model, you may be able to contact HTC at http://www.htc.com/us/ to see if they will accommodate this request. In the meantime, if you prefer, we can send the DNA as a replacement. Just let us know.

Tamara_VZW

0 Likes
hooknfish

i love how they say you cant use the htc one as it is on there line up and even if it wasnt you just go into settings and set network mode to lte/cdma instead of lte/gsm and blam eveyrthing works even vvm and other verzion bloatware apps by the way all 4glte phones are able work on any 4g network including international countrys you only have to use that carrier sim card and change network mode if phone does not on auto <<< normally the phone will change auto for you so no major worries either way bro hope this helps you in any way to inform you of the truth as vzw only wants there pohones running vzw service but any 4g phone can run on there service

0 Likes
Iknowmorethanyou

It's unfortunate how little you know and how obvious it is. Though LTE IS LTE.., that doesn't mean any LTE device can be activated on your ACCOUNT with the other carrier. Your VZW account doesn''t know what the ATT LTE device is because it IS a different device. Look at the model differences between the HTC ONE Verizon just got and the other carriers. Verizon devices usually work on other carriers but it's not a mutual relationship. Do more research.

0 Likes
hooknfish

Interesting thought you do more research as I have had two devices from

different carriers so not sure what research you did but don't post false

info considering the main difference is GSM versus cdma which is not an

issue as almost all devices that are lte can and will use both for service

you must be radio unlocked to use verzion fully and only verzion phones can

use Verizon apps from my experience maybe you could not out smart vzw but I

did twice

On Aug 30, 2013 3:14 AM, "Iknowmorethanyou" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
SKABBYNUTS440

I am having the same issue where with my droid DNA ill lose my service an sim card and my phone locked its irritating

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SKABBYNUTS440,

We want you to be able to enjoy your wireless device and service with us. This is our commitment to you and I would like to refresh this comment today. Let's start with is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? Also, what software and android version do you have installed? Can I assume that you already performed a hard reset? If not then I would suggest doing to then test the performance of the device before re-installing any 3rd party apps and services. Here's a link on how to do the reset.

http://vz.to/1k4NwRM

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes