Repetitive "Unavailable" calls,
thefailsafe
I am repeatedly receiving unavailable calls at all hours of the day, mostly taking place during my second period and in the evenings around dinner hours. I know there is a difference between "restricted" & "unavailable", but this is starting to become ridiculous. Most of the time they call and if I don't pick up it rings and then I don't get a voicemail. If I pick up my phone they hang up as soon as I speak. I was told it could be from some obscure company that got a hold of my number, but every so often I hear a voice before they hang up. I don't want to change my number because I've had it since I was nine years old, that's about six and a half years. I need a solution to this nonsense.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Repetitive "Unavailable" calls,
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello and welcome!  Well it sounds like somebody playing a chronic prank.   Unfortunately, there are no usage controls with verizon that can block those calls.  I wish there were controls to block restricted, annonymous and unavailable calls.   However, in order to block calls you have to know their number.

There is a backdoor way of going about first identifying their number and then using verizon's "usage controls" to finally block them for good.   It requires you getting a program called "Trap Call".   You can Google it very easily.   It basiclly works by their program examining the annoying call and then within seconds reporting to you what that actual offending number really is!    Then you simply insert that number in the "usage controls" blocking feature and that's the end of them!    Verizon's "usage control" feature costs $4.99 a month but you'd probably only need it for a month or two. :smileyhappy:

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2

Hey fail,

totally concur with Cobra--

however if you dont want to pay for usage controls, what you can do is Verizon offers essentially what is 'annoying call block'.

it doesnt cost you anything, and once you have used the program that Darkcobra referred to, you can call verizon cust svc and block any calls from that particular number (or up to 20 different numbers at one time) for 90 days at a time.

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

You got me!  LOL!!!   HyattPrincess is 100% right!   I totally forgot that Verizon will do this for free once you give them the number.   :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
DaniLove13
Contributor - Level 3

HyattPrincess wrote:

Hey fail,

totally concur with Cobra--

however if you dont want to pay for usage controls, what you can do is Verizon offers essentially what is 'annoying call block'.

it doesnt cost you anything, and once you have used the program that Darkcobra referred to, you can call verizon cust svc and block any calls from that particular number (or up to 20 different numbers at one time) for 90 days at a time.

The FREE call blocking feature only allows up to 5 numbers to be blocked. Usage Controls for $4.99 a month gives you the ability to block up to 20 numbers.

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Man if this poor guy's got up to 20 people crank calling him then he's really got a problem!   I'd change my number at that point LOL :smileyhappy:

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
DaniLove13
Contributor - Level 3
lol I'm with you there DC  << haha my initials are the same :smileytongue:
0 Likes
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2
Whoops! sorry Dani, you are correct. mybad!
0 Likes
DaniLove13
Contributor - Level 3
It's all good hun! :smileyvery-happy:
0 Likes
stathi
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I too have this going on. I called Verizon assuming they had some static setting they could toggle to block ANY calls that do not display a phone number. Of course, they do. Its called "usage controls" and they charge $5 a month ON TOP of the insane amount they already charge for their service. This pisses me off so much I can hardly contain myself. The question I have is this. If one paid the extra $5 a month, toggled the setting. Then cancelled the "usage control" add on, would the setting remain toggled?

At $5 a month, I might as well give the month to a smaller startup, and thats what I told the person. The fact that Verizon wireless is attempting to nickel and dime their customers just goes to show what kind of company they are. If it werent for the slightly better coverage area, and the fact my company official cell company is verizon, I would have stayed with T-Mobile.

Shame on you Verizon.