Re: Remote call...still!
COLDCASECOOP
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday, I reached out to Verizon via twitter direct message.  The tech rep I was chatting with tried to give me the same scripted instructions; things we've already done. According to this individual an update with an apparent fix has been rolled out in stages. This person advised we should all be receiving this update anytime now. I'm not holding my breath and I think it was just something he/she said to appease me so that we could end our conversation.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That’s a year too long to have this issue, Kellizaber. It’s upsetting to hear that the newest update made the remote call screen come up even more often for you. Since there are many variations in this thread when it comes to how the remote call issue began, I’d like to ask for more details. How long did the issue remain fixed when you restarted the phone in the past? Have you noticed any other app issues, or issues in general, with your phone? Since there are multiple devices in this thread, which model phone do you use?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
Rpreslar47
Enthusiast - Level 1

So instead of Verizon fixing the issue you want us to disable advanced calling when we have to use that or the wifi calling won't work and then we will be without service because your saying not enough people complained but they want our bills paid on time. Is it that feature or is it in Verizon android i have a s8 plus and i use my phone for work and a lot of time my areas will only let me use the wifi calling or no service. I need this fixed to please .

Agile187

I too have had the "Remote Call" problem for a while.  Finding the answer starts with asking the question "Did you ever install Message+ on any device (other than our phone)?".   If you EVER did, you were hooked.

To get off the "hook", do BOTH of the following two things-

Remove all devices from the list of "Connected Devices".  I think everybody on this chat has already done that.  Go to Verizon Messages (Message+) How to Use Guide | Verizon Wireless

However, MORE IMPORTANTLY, go to Verizon's website and "decomission" the Integrated Message service.  You'll have to log into your account and drill down to find the right page.  Verizon doesn't make it easy to unsubscribe.  I wish i could find you an easy link; but, this step is CRITICAL!

Since doing this, I've had no problems with "Remote Call" popping up.

0 Likes
OH14204
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a J7V. I ended up turning off the advance calling. That removed the remote call from my phone. I would like the advance calling on though but can't use it because every time I take or make a call, it comes up. Sounds like faulty software to me!

As far as when mine happens, all I have to do is answer a call or make a call. Happens every time. FIX THIS!!!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to use Advance Calling without having the remote call issue. Let's work together. When did this start? Do you have Messages + installed in your device? What's your current device software version? 

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CRISPY954
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you kidding me. Again with the same BS questions. Again with the Message+ solution (lol). We were told earlier that this issue was being escalated, yet the only responses we get are from first tier tech support. Apparently a fix is not coming so why not say that and be done with it. If we, as consumers, cannot deal with the issue as it is we can go with another company that fixes problems instead of trying a litany of work-arounds. This thread has been running for quite a long time and the same cookie cutter responses from Verizon representatives. Time to start looking at other providers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer, CRISPY954. I understand this is important for you and we value your time. I would like to continue working on this issue with your Message + and get additional information. I have sent you a Private Message, so we can continue to work on this together.

GersonG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CRISPY954
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to update anyone else who have been following this thread, I was directly contacted by this CSR and responded 6 days ago. As I expected I haven't heard anything back. Even though I was told the last thing they want to do is lose a customer, I may have no choice. I found a new issue with the remote call problem. I answered another call and the call I was on was put on a remote call hold with no way to get back to it after I was done with the other call. Pretty annoying. Anyway I will let you all know if I hear anything new.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CRISPY954, 

Our apologies for the delay in response. I have sent a message to the representtative to reach out to you directly. You should receive a response from them shortly. 

JenelleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes