Reception changed
BLAKRA18

My wife and I both work in the same building. We both completely lost reception at our workplace a few months ago. Verizon signal was great before this time. I bought a new phone. No change. Wife has a newer Samsung and I bought a brand new flip-phone. Standby for the flip-phone is supposed to be about 2 weeks. It dies in 10 hours at my workplace and we have absolutely no signal for either phone. Nothing changed in or around our workplace. We are approximately 1.5 miles from the cell tower. I opened a "ticket" with Verizon and got only a "boilerplate" response. I've gone the whole traditional route of updating the software, searching for the tower, etc. It seems obvious to me that Verizon's signal changed. I wish they would give me an honest answer. My only option is to change carriers which I'm planning to do soon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reception changed
weskeene
Enthusiast - Level 3

It sounds like you already have a pretty good idea what happened. The network is a living, evolving thing. Changes happen from time to time. Unfortunately, no one here can do anything about it. Your best bet is to call into support and follow up on the ticket you've already filed in order to get an updated response.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

BLAKRA18 wrote:

Nothing changed in or around our workplace.

I'm always amazed how so many people can be sure nothing changes in or around an area they frequent. Not all changes are visible just by looking and I certainly don't keep up to date in the goings on in my workplace infrastructure, i.e. new tennants with equipment which could possibly have electrical interference with radio waves in your building or surrounding buildings, etc...

For example, I used to get zero signal in my workplace due to the building in which I work. My workplace installed cellular repeaters at my employer's cost. Suddenly I have signal. Now if something were to happen to one or more of those repeaters, my workplace signal would certainly degrade. Is this something that Verizon can fix? No, because those repeaters are the responsibility of the building, not Verizon. I certainly don't know if your workplace has a similar setup. Do you know if you have cellular repeaters installed in your building? They are not uncommon in office buildings and are not normally the property of a cellular provider.

BLAKRA18 wrote:

It seems obvious to me that Verizon's signal changed. I wish they would give me an honest answer. My only option is to change carriers which I'm planning to do soon.

While in my case it would seem obvious that Verizon's signal changed when I started getting signal in my office, that was not the case. To the naked eye, NOTHING changed in or around my workplace, however the "hidden" infrastructure of the building changed. Verizon's signal didn't change at all. The infrastructure of the building changed although it was transparent to any observations from people working here.

Possibly you work in a place where tenants never change, offices don't ever remodel, the building never improves its infrastructure, etc... If you don't work in a place like that, how can you be certain that "nothing changed in or around (y)our workplace"? Changes are not always obvious.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want to ensure that everything is looked into as to why your signal has changed, BLAKRA18. I have sent you a private message to gather additional details and see what else we can fine.

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes