Recently moved now have no signal phones are unusable
Guinnessfc

Recently move to new city in northern Indiana area code 574  from a city in Northwest Indiana Area code 219.  Our cell signal is terrible barely one bar constant call drop and No service. iPhone  8,7,5.   Entered address in search coverage area on it is all it is all red  with in a 100 miles

radius.   Do we need to update our phones or something  To improve signal strength  we are are in zip code 46514. The phones are almost unusable.

0 Likes
Re: Recently moved now have no signal phones are unusable
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you rebooted your phones since moving to the new area? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us to hear that you are having issues with your signal. This is definitely not the experience that we want for you to have, and we will be happy to help you get this resolved! We want to run a speed test with your device to see what exact speeds you are getting at the moment. When you have a chance, please click on the following link, and select Run Speed Test. Then please share your results with us to further troubleshoot the issue with your service. We will be standing by waiting for your results: http://spr.ly/6606GGLIr

DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Guinnessfc

What is the relevance of doing an internet speed test when I am having issue with my cell service?

0 Likes
Guinnessfc

Thank you for reply. Yes I have rebooted and also reset all settings. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Rebooting the phone is equivalent to what the *228 reprogramming code used to do for CDMA only phones. If the rebooting didn't work, either the coverage map is wrong, the signal happens to be weak in that location, or the SIM cards may have been corrupted. You may have to request VZW open a network trouble ticket to investigate the issue. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes