Recent Poor Coverage at and near my home
abekon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was wondering if anyone knows why the coverage at my house would suddenly go from 2-3 bars of 3G down to 0-2.  There are times where we do not have enough service to even send a text message.  According to the Coverage Map, my entire neighborhood has 4G coverage which has never been the case.  In fact my entire side of town is still only 3G and not very strong at that.  Any help from Verizon would be appreciated as we only have cell phones in our home.

Galaxy S4 and an iPhone 5C.  Both having the same issues.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recent Poor Coverage at and near my home
Keiti

Try updating your coverage map (#228) and rebooting your phones

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keiti wrote:

Try updating your coverage map (#228) and rebooting your phones

You don't do that with 4G LTE phones. Turn off the phone and remove the SIM card for a few minutes. Then reassemble and boot up the phone to force it to reestablish the connection with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abekon,

We want you to experince the best service and coverage possible, let's figure this out. What's your zip code? How long has it been happening? Is the problem online indoors? To update your coverage, all you need is to remove the SIM card for the S4, while powered off then re-insert and power ON. For the 5C, please go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
abekon
Enthusiast - Level 2

This occurs inside my home and in the yard. We consistently only get 1-2 bars of 3G access and quite often, 0-1 bar. I have turned off the phone and removed the Sim card to no change.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abekon,

Thanks for pulling the sim card from the device. Were you able to Reset Network Settings on the iPhone? How long have you been having these kind of issues?  Can you provide me with what zip code you live in? I would love to get a chance to review the area. I hope to hear back from you soon.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
abekon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not had a chance to work on the iPhone, but as I said previously, I have not seen an improvement in the S4.  My zip code is the 02041 area of zip 02050, which according to your map is 4G, but it is not. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted abekon. You are definitely in our coverage and no other problems reported as of right now. Does the signal/data improve away from your home?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
abekon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Outside of my home in the driveway and on the street is still only 1-2 bars of 3G access when clearly your coverage map shows 4G. I think you need to check the area because the service listed is not what is actually provided. Sometimes I can't even make a phone call from inside my house.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information abekon! We may need to submit a resolution ticket to our network team. Please follow me (I am following you already), and send me a direct message for further assistance.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes