Receiving text messages with a different image that was sent by the sender
CORNPUDDING

Has anyone had a different image appear in their received text message than what the sender originally sent? This is what I'm experiencing. My daughter sent me a picture by text. However, when I open the text message the image was a different picture that was sent to me by someone else in a prior text message. Now get this, If I was to tap on the image to save to my gallery it shows up as the image that should have been showing up in the text message in the first place. To top this off, none of these images were saved in my gallery.

I deleted all text messages last night and then this morning my other daughter sent me a pic of my grandchild and the image again showed up as a image that was sent in a prior text but if I try to save that image to my gallery it saves as the pic of my grandchild.

I did not start having this problem until yesterday. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving text messages with a different image that was sent by the sender
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which text application are you using? Verizon Messages or the manufacturer's text message application? There have been issues for many customers who use the Verizon Messages application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CORNPUDDING, this is a mystery to us, too! Did you recently update the software on your phone? Are you using the text messaging feature on your device or did you download a 3rd party text messaging application to your phone?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CORNPUDDING

I did recently do a system update on my phone. However, this issue started about a week after that. Someone suggested to not use Verizon Messaging+ and try the LG messaging on my LG5 phone. I did change over and I'm no longer having that issue. So, the problem is within Verizon messaging. I did not download any other messaging application. I prefer to use Verizon messaging but with the problems I'm having it is causing too much confusion. Disappointed!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CORNPUDDING, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem for you. Are you connected to Wi-Fi when you have this issue? Let's try cleaning things up a bit. Delete all unwanted text messages, videos, and pictures on your device. Power it off/on to soft reset it and test the picture messaging feature on your device. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes