Receiving Unreceived Text Messages After Phone Has Been Broke
zmc916

So my outdated EnV Touch broke after having it for about 6 years (fried battery, starts to turn on but says "battery is required"). I didnt use my phone often so i just Waited for about a month untill i finally just activated a friends old phone untill i could buy a new one. Upon activating a phone, i figured that i would get a ton of text messages flooding in considering its been over a month since my phones been on. However this did not happen and i didn't  recieve anything. After many calls to Verizon and searching the web, it would seem to me that there is absolutley no way i can see any texts i got within that time frame. Apparently Verizon stores messages on the server for 5 days to try and send, and if a phone is not on during that time then they are deleted! This is only stated on forums and not sure if things have changed since. Calling support nobody even mentioned of this and just said there is no way to see the texts. One guy said that if i possibly could fix the phone i might be able to get them and so im tempted to buy whatever part on ebay. However if this 5 day period is true then to me theres no point in it. So this is absolutely ridiculous to me that if your phone brakes then your just out of luck to see any text messages, including extremely important ones! I absolutely need to see all those texts that people are believing i recieved. I figured the very least thing i could do is see the time and numbers info with the online services, but this is also pointless as it would appear it only shows calls and messages within the last 3 days or so. I have absolutely no idea what to do and the fact that i will never know who and what texts i should have recieved is so stressful. Im willing to try whatever and appreciate anyone that can help. My last option i can think of is to get a court order to see all texts, but im not sure if this will even work as all those texts werent actually recieved by a phone i don't think. There HAS to be a way to view the texts though. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiving Unreceived Text Messages After Phone Has Been Broke
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We know how important it is to be able to receive your messages zmc916, I'm sorry to learn your device broke and you were without a phone for a month. We also know it's crucial to provide all the information our customers may need. This is why we actually do provide information stating the network will try to deliver the messages for 120 hours if the device is off. This is available to all our customers and easily accessible here http://vz.to/1dqYrq6; Scroll to "Receiving Text Messages" Question 2.

In addition, the only records available online are the ones that were actually successful in connecting to our network. As you mentioned, you had the device off so there's no way the network can recognize activity that's not taking place. In order to protect customers' privacy the content of text messages is not available to view.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We know how important it is to be able to receive your messages zmc916, I'm sorry to learn your device broke and you were without a phone for a month. We also know it's crucial to provide all the information our customers may need. This is why we actually do provide information stating the network will try to deliver the messages for 120 hours if the device is off. This is available to all our customers and easily accessible here http://vz.to/1dqYrq6; Scroll to "Receiving Text Messages" Question 2.

In addition, the only records available online are the ones that were actually successful in connecting to our network. As you mentioned, you had the device off so there's no way the network can recognize activity that's not taking place. In order to protect customers' privacy the content of text messages is not available to view.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Not only that but if the texts were that important the person would have tried to reach you via alternative methods.

zmc916

Thanks for response, but i still would really like to see the texts. Is there anything in this world i can possibly do to see those text messages? Anything at all? I heard of getting a court order of some kind to be able to view the texts which i would be willing to do, but my concerns is that even with this i won't be able to see them because as you stated the network can't recognize activity thats not taking place. So my question is are those texts still able to be looked at with a court order or are they totally wiped from any of your servers? I know this is a real technical question many might not know but I'm just really needing to see these texts and hopefully you can give me an answer. And something this severely important i would think would be on the front box of every phone. Cause if i knew this information i would have activated a phone the next day no problem. Or for that matter paid hundreds for a new phone just to get my dam messages and avoid this situation.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Too late now for your current problem, but for the future:

Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So the statement that you didn't use your phone often is now negated? This statement leads me to believe that mobile communication is not important to you. Hence the reason that you had a 6+ year old phone. However, there are still free phones available and you certainly could have gotten a device for free (plus the upgrade fee) if you were eligible to upgrade. You can't get the messages. It is really that simple. A court order wouldn't help because you have to prove someone is violent with you in order for them to be released but those are only available for like 10 days anyway. I can't believe that there was nobody that could have helped you get a phone for a whole 30 days. I really would give up at this point.