Rebate - Switch to Verizon
hammer826

Ok - so I am a new customer to Verizon.  With all the promo's on tv and such, and I decide to walk into a Verizon store and see what they can do for me. They tell me what my phone is worth (att samsung s5).  ok, its not as much as I thought, but no biggie.  Then the csr tells me that verizon will give you another rebate to switch over to them.  Cool, I say.  1 rebate for the phone, and an additional rebate for switching over. So fast forward to about the middle or end of November.  Verizon sends me a $50 gift card.  (this was for the phone)  Cool.  I use it at the Verizon store to get me some Beats By Dre wireless headphones.  Then, while I'm there, I ask the csr, when can I expect my other gift card.  He says usually takes between 6 to 8 weeks before I receive that card.  So now it is January 13, 2015.  I call the 1 877 (below), and they transfer me around about 5 times, and finally end up back at card services again.  This time, the guy tells me that he (card services), has nothing in his system regarding my rebate.  WTF is all I gotta say about this right now.  I was hoping that I would receive it by christmas, but nope. 

Is this really how Verizon does business?  If this is any indication of how this company deals or treats its customer's, then it looks like I'll be leaving.  This is crap, and it shouldn't have happened.  I rather have somewhat of poor service, than to be treated like this.

verizon_rebate1.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rebate - Switch to Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Hammer826, 

This is not the type of customer experience we want you to have.  We want to make sure you are a satisfied customer and recieve all promotions that were offered at time of signing up.  I am glad to see that your rebate has been submitted and is processing.  It does look like the rebate has been processing for more then 30 days. We do not have full access to you rebate information like our Rebate Department, I apologize for the run around, I know that can be frustrating. When speaking to the rebate department, did you provide Rebate info? What was their response?

0 Likes
hammer826

Yes, I provided them with the info that they were looking for.  They just kept telling me that there was no info regarding my rebate.  So, I understand that you don't or can't see the info regarding my rebate, then what is the next recourse?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hammer826

I apologize that you feel this way, those are not our intentions.  The best way to get a clear answer on what is the status of the rebate is by calling the rebate department.  We can help you contact the right representative.  Follow us and send private message so we can get to the bottom of this. 

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hammer826

ok, I am now following you.  but I don't see where I can send you a private message.  However, it only says "waiting approval."

0 Likes
hammer826

UPDATE:

I just got off the phone to card services.  They tell me that my rebate has been shipped as of yesterday, 1/14/2015.  The guy also stated that I should receive it between 7 - 10 days.  I hope it gets here.  For if it doesn't........??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies, hammer826! Here are the instructions to send a Direct Message. http://vz.to/1kRBMUT

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hammer826

UPDATE 2:

As I was checking the mail this afternoon, I see that there is a letter from Verizon.  I have finally received the rebate visa card.  Thank you Verizon for shipping it out so quickly!

Thanks everyone that chimed in for helping me out!

No further assistance on this matter is needed!

0 Likes