Rebate Scam Verizon Bethany Beach Delaware
jaef62
Enthusiast - Level 2

We switched from T mobile to Verizon on 8/17/19. We went in with the intention of porting 4 numbers over to unlimited plans for myself and my family.  We had already researched the deals for switching online and at Costco and we found the deals were all about $ 150-200 gift card/credit per line to switch with some charging activation fees, while others not.

The rep in the store in Bethany Beach told me she had trouble porting my Galaxy S8 and if I bought a new phone it would be easier.  She said that she could not move all my messages and apps to an iphone so it would be better to buy an S10 and I could also get $450 for my old phone.  

She said that she could give me a $200 gift card for switching as the main # and the other three phones would get $150 gift cards.  So I agreed.  

She then said that she would have to charge $40 per line activation fee.  This could be waived  if the account was a Business Account.  The T mobile account was not a business account and I resisted doing this, as I did not see a reason to make the cell phone a business concern,  but we agreed if we could waive the activation fee we would do it .

Today I received an email from Verizon saying that we are not eligible for any rebates. I called Verizon and they said it is because we set up the phones on a business account.  I called the store in Bethany Beach and they gave me the Verizon rebate #.  

I now have a phone that is financed on a payment plan that I did not really need, 4 phones linked to my business which is aggravating, Verizon refusing to honor the rebates I was promised.  

I am stuck with them and they know it cause they have my old phone and I have the new S10 and cant pay it off early or I dont get the credit for my old phone $450.

THE PEOPLE WHO RUN THE EXCLUSIVE VERIZON STORES ARE DISHONEST SCAMMERS! 

Re: Rebate Scam Verizon Bethany Beach Delaware
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yeah it would’ve been better for you to just have paid the activation fees to get the consumer account discount offers instead of activating a business account for fee waivers. 

jaef62
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are right, but the rep at Go Wireless told me that I would get the rebates %100.  She even filed them for us.  She said that buying the phone ensured a $200 rebate only if I opened a business account.   Something is wrong when if I pay off the phone early I dont get credit for my trade in phone.  This sounds illegal. I will be telling everyone I know about the unethical practices of Verizon.  Also if I do not get this resolved with everything they promised me, I am taking them to small claims court as I have everything written by the rep, filing with the BBB and Attorney General.  

Verizon has by far been the worst an we have had T-Mobile and AT and T.  They never pulled scams in retrospect we should have stayed with T-Mobile!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jaef62 This is certainly not the experience we would expect a customer to have and especially not a new one. I'm sorry to learn this happened. We have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for it. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are saddened to see that this has happened, jaef62. I would recommend calling in to  the Business Department by *611 from your Verizon smartphone to get this situation sorted out.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
jaef62
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am waiting for someone from verizon to contact me. We are not letting this matter go, we feel scammed and ripped off.

deloused
Master - Level 3

Good luck with all that. Best bet is to take the situation as a learning experience, don't rely on others, just read the offers, and the service agreements you sign to avoid such issues in the future. 

0 Likes