Real Life Speed Test
Bontjes
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been noticing that my network speed seemed to be dropping some. So today while waiting for a light on a fairly main road in town I decided to do a quick speedtest. Please keep in mind that I'm within 5 blocks of two (2) Verizon Wireless stores. Not retail stores...the real deals.

Anyway, attached are the screenshots that completely disappoint me.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zNUHhwcPABk/UdHdNN5l9HI/AAAAAAAAzGs/UrnIriI6BdI/w444-h789-no/Screenshot_2013-07-01-14-04-45.png

This one was so slow it couldn't even do the upload test after a few moments of trying.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-L1iF13upTi0/UdHdNAhkIcI/AAAAAAAAzGw/sv8g9t4PLaY/w444-h789-no/Screenshot_2013-07-01-14-07-33.png

This one was about a block away at the next light. Still sad

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Real Life Speed Test
Not applicable

Look at your signal.  Those speeds are bogus.

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

Bogus? You need to try a little harder for your reward of free one month of service, mate.

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

Bontjes,

Get used to it. That is the real, day-time (when most people actually use internet) speed you will get. First they lied about a transition technology and marketed as 4G, hence the 3GPP name LTE, Long Term EVOLUTION, a technology that was specifically drafted so that the network operators can transition/evolve their networks into the LONG TERM network. The reason it was called long-term is because this future network wasn't even defined the time of LTE drafts, let alone made available. FYI, ITU 4G spec requires 1000Mbps+ stationary and 100Mbps+ mobile (like in a moving car) speeds, and you know very well we are lucky to get 0.5% of that speed - yet verizon deceptively calls it 4G.

Here's mine - enjoy. Look at the downlink jitter.. more ups and downs than paris hilton's mouth on a good day.

2013-06-29%2020.03.48.png

0 Likes
Not applicable

2013-07-01 18.45.04.png

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

Enjoy your speed while you have it..

0 Likes
Not applicable

I've had it 18 months so far.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

That's great. The fact that you are getting good speed shouldn't come to us as a surprise or even a matter of rare occurrence if verizon delivered this speed regularly as they had promised to do so. However, to dismiss the notion that some others might not be as fortunate to experience what it feels like to deservedly receive what one has paid for is atrocious. 

0 Likes
Real Life Speed Test
Bontjes
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the feedback. I've had 4G for about 2 years now - it definitely seems to be getting slower lately. Gets frustrating because the cost doesn't go down over time though the quality of service certainly does.

0 Likes