Re: What does the 1x mean beside the service bars?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Issues after an update is never a fun experience, especially when it impacts your cellular signal. Do you experience this everywhere you travel with your device or just in one remote area? Have you attempted to reset the network settings in your device since this had occurred? If not, that is the first thing I would recommend. JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
captstraker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Currently in Hamilton NJ, service went from 4G to now 1X and can't even send a text, are there coverage changes for verizon in this area? If so, I'll have to switch carriers as I work in this area.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Service concerns are not what we want for you. Allow us to help. When did this issue start? Does this happen when you are indoors or out?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Derrick509

Is there and outage in the 509

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Derrick509 

Keeping you connected is always our goal. That said, I'd like to help. Where exactly are you located (intersection, zip code)? Which services are impacted (calls, texts, data)?

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
Morava
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had this problem for ten years

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're receiving a 1X signal Morava. Ten years of this signal can be upsetting. This kind of service can definitely give you problems with calls, text, and data. If you're in a 4g area you should see 4g/LTE at the top of your phone or at least 3g. What is your zipcode? What phone do you have? Are there multiple lines on your account that have issues and are problems both in and outside your home? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
rijedudley

We changed to Verizon when we started wintering in Florida a few years ago but now in Iowa, we are losing connectivity, often working with one bar and 1X service. We live in a fairly rural area, but in eastern Iowa and wonder if we should change back to US Cellular even though their service is not as good in Florida. This poor service began in April when we got back from Florida this spring. We are hardly ever getting more than two bars or 3G. Is the pandemic changing our service and if so, will this be a permanent change? Should we go back to US Cellular?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rjjedudley, we definitely understand your concern regarding service. 1X service would be limited service for calls and standard texts. The service goes from 4GLTE , 3G and then 1X. May we ask what ZIP Code you are having issues? Have you done any troubleshooting steps such as restarting your devices?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
steve907

I recently upgraded my iPhone 8 to iOS14.  Then I did a full Reset and restored the phone from backup.

No I have 1 bar and 1x service.  Indoors and out.  All over my end of town.

How do I get my LTE back?

0 Likes