Outtage Board -- any action on this???
KennisonDF
Enthusiast - Level 2

The real coup for a VW competitor should be to point out that VW has ignored this problem for over eight years.  There is still no outage board/map (with a prominent link on the Home Page) on the VW website for customers to check before wasting time pursuing an "issue" via either help/support personnel or a community forum. 

Re: Outtage Board -- any action on this???
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do any of the other cellular carriers have outage maps or notification methods on their website? If so provide those links. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Greg61856
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use this site a lot. They are tracking a lot of services.

www.https://outage.report.com

jav6
Champion - Level 3

I use http://downdetector.com/status/verizon

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Mndrew
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, just stating that I've had no mobile data access for 24 hours.  Automated phone system is incapable of comprehending such a problem can exist; as is this sites automated chat support.  Had my phone for just over a year on VW; so it seems to be time to switch.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Maybe if you identify where you are located, city, state, cross intersection, zip code, someone might be able to help.  AVR's and CHAT's have an out to get to a live person.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
rtperna
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm totally dead in the water as well since about 11a this morning.  Grand Rapids, Michigan.  49548 area code.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rtperna,

We know how important it is to have service where you need it most. What exactly is going on with your service? Is this still impacting your phone today?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
katiehenry93
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is also no service in the Wayne, PA area, zip code 19087. I'm able to connect to wi-fi but once I leave the house I can't use any of my apps

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have nothing but stellar service with Verizon Wireless, katiehenry93. How long have you been having service issues in this area? When you travel away from your Wi-Fi, what does your phone show for service (no service, 1x, 3G, or 4G/LTE)? How far would you need to travel before you can pick up cellular service? Please provide me with more details. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes