Re: Feel Ripped Off leaving Verizon Wireless
PLF52

I have been a verizon Wireless customer for at least 15 years. As a result of the scam between Verizon's extended warranty and its wholly owned insurance company Asurion I have had enough.

I was sold "full coverage for my phone" at $13/month. I got snowed. I own a Google Pixel 2 and about 4 weeks ago dropped it and I have a hairline scratch that is irrelevant. What is relevant is that the phone doesn't hold a charge. I went to a Verizon store and I was told the phone will be replaced for free because of the battery issue, but I will have to pay a $29.00 deductible for the repairing the screen. I said no problem and the store employee told me to call Asurion (Verizon's own "insurance company"). That is when the garbage started. Asurion said that to fix just the screen is $29.00, but the phone will not be replaced so the battery issue will remain. To fix that its $149.00. 

I then got transferred to Verizon extended warranty and they said the phone can be replaced for free, but the screen has to be fixed. I said ok, is there a way for me to pay the $29.00 and just get a replacement phone. The answer was NO, because when I fix the screen for $29.00 it "freezes" my extended warranty for a year and phone cannot be replaced. Those are the rules. 

Well Verizon acts like the insurance company is something other than Verizon. It apparenetly sets up this scam so in addition to paying $13 per month for "full coverage of my phone", I have to pay $149.00 to replace it rather than just $29.00 to fix the screen and then have it replaced for free. 

That dishonesty is why consumers feel perpetually ripped off. All I can do is stop giving Verizon Wireless my business at $1,200 per year for my phone service. That is what I am going to do. Done with Verizon Wireless. 

0 Likes