Radio bands of Verizon UMTS and LTE networks
timbonna

Hi, my tiny orientation in Verizon services says regarding 3G it is mainly a provider of wireless network of

CDMA types.

How good is the chance to get from Verizon a UMTS/HSxPA based service?

If any at all, how to get to information which radio freq. bands do Verizon's UMTS/HSxPA network

use in New Mexico?

How to get to information which radio freq. bands do Verizon's LTE network use in New Mexico?

Having this information I gonna to examine how good is the chance to use my tablet device

during my US holiday as personal digital assistant. It was purchased and is in daily use in EU.

No sim lock on it. Basically for purposes of being available wireless I used to use in country of my

transient stay a prepaid sim of local provider. In this manner it is going to be this time as well.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Radio bands of Verizon UMTS and LTE networks
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

An unlocked device from Europe will work on a US based GSM carrier. The biggest two GSM networks in the United States are AT&T and T-Mobile. Those are the carriers you want to use your device on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
timbonna

Thanks for info. It is a tablet device. Thus, a data-only device.

Voice connections in traditional manner not supported, if any then only VoIP.

So for reasonable usage at least UMTS/HSxPA is advisable. With GSM (means 2G)

it won't be much fun.

How good is the chance to get from VZW an UMTS Service? How are then the radio frequency bands?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The data only device is likely still incompatible with the VZW network. Especially the Verizon Wireless 3G EDVO network which is still CDMA based.

If it is one of the rare devices capable of use the Verizon Wireless LTE network there might be a possibility, but you have never posted exactly which device you want to use.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless doesn't use GSM/UMTS. It uses CDMA and LTE.

0 Likes
timbonna

Thanks a lot to all. It helps much!

Is it known which radio frequencies does the Verizons LTE network in NM, Arizona provide?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

700 MHz frequency band 13

0 Likes