RCS on Galaxy S10
punisherb273
Enthusiast - Level 1

Q1 2019 is almost in the books and still no news about RCS functionality for any phones besides the pixel 3. I have a galaxy s10 and would like to be able to use the chat functions that my friends with sprint have been using for a year now. No one cares about 5G, give us RCS!!

Labels (1)
Re: RCS on Galaxy S10
FLHCv2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this question as well. Sprint has it. Tmobile has it on many more devices than Verizon. This needs to become a priority because communication is the primary use of a phone. I have been on Verizon for about 16 years now and it's a bit ridiculous that my brand new Galaxy S10+ is still SMS messaging like my Moto RAZR did back in 2005.

Please increase your efforts to rollout the Chat features (RCS, Universal Profile) you've enabled on Pixel devices to Galaxy devices. This is important to me as a customer and will consider this as a priority. If Verizon doesn't roll it out soon, I will move. 

a19berning
Enthusiast - Level 2

You try talking to the reps and they have no clue. I had a tech "expert" (using that term loosely) that said Samsung hadn't rolled it out on any networks and that I needed to get my facts straight.....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always looking for way to improve our messaging service Punisherb237. We do not have an ETA on when the RCS Messaging will be pushed on our latest devices. You can stay tuned here:http://vz.to/1m2tKLh Is there something wrong with your current messaging services? 

AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
a19berning
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't understand how this is such a struggle. All of your competitors have it out already to the s10 series. This is a big issue to most as sharing videos is a key aspect of day to day life and its stupid to have to use a different app when the solution is out there.

karpjustin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told by a verizon rep to post here because maybe we will get some progress if many people post stating how frustrated we are with verizon about their lack of releasing universal profile RCS messaging:

As for RCS, I want to just express that I am a concerned customer who has been expecting this feature for a very long time and I am getting very frustrated. SMS is from 1992. Other providers offer it and just because I don't have an iPhone doesn't mean I should be stuck with the prehistoric sms. Universal profile allows everybody on it regardless of the carrier to be able to communicate better and send larger files, videos, photos. It is important to express this concern so that if many people bring it up, maybe you guys will finally do something about it.

karpjustin
Enthusiast - Level 1

SMS/MMS are a joke.  You can't send most video files and the ones we can send are pixelated, photos come out in low resolution.  Group messaging doesn't allow us to remove ourselves or others.  I would say YES there is a problem with our messaging.  Verizon should do something for the customers and get us Universal Profile RCS.  Not Universal Profile is once again not going to be very helpful because we would only be able to use it with Verizon customers and not other services.  As a customer,  we want Universal Profile RCS.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand your desire to get a specific feature (RCS/Chat) on all devices to improve your messaging experience. We are committed to providing the best service experience to all our valued customers, and I see that currently, we have the Chat feature that you are inquiring about available with some specific devices (Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL). Please confirm this information at this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/android-messages-chat-faqs/).

We do not have any information about when or if this feature will be available for other devices. Does this information clarify the availability of the RCS/Chat feature for you?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Chapin1230
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm interested on getting the Galaxy Note 10 plus or s10 plus but is there any timeline when is the s10 or if the note 10 is getting rcs messaging ?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Chapin1230

I would say that both of these devices are excellent choices! However, I do understand your desire to be able to use this type of Advanced Messaging service with the latest device. At this time, I do not have any information on if or when this feature will be available for the new Samsung Galaxy Note10+ or the Samsung Galaxy S10+ device. However, you can stay informed by visiting this page periodically: http://spr.ly/6607EN5IT. I hope this information is beneficial.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes