Question about my Apple iPhone 6 Plus preorder
worktech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I completed my iPhone 6+ 128GB pre-order this morning at 2:15AM CST.  The immediate confirmation I got was the following:

Deliver By:  09/19/2014

Line:  xxx-xxx-xxxx

Apple iPhone 6 Plus 4G LTE 128GB Space Gray

Your confirmation number:  XXXXXXXXXXXX9004

2 hours later (4:19AM CST) I received my confirmation email that states the following:

Order Summary:

Preorder Confirmation: XXXXXXXXXXXX9004

Order Number: XXXXX33

Order Location: XXXXX01

Order Date: 09/12/2014

Deliver By: 09/12/2014

Apple's live keynote states that this phone would ship everywhere from 9/19/2014, and the reason to preorder was to ensure you get it at the earliest date possible.

Now when I check my pre-order confirmation status, it says it will ship on 10/14/2014.  That is a whole month delayed from the prior two promised ETA's that I agreed to when giving Verizon $1000.  If this new ETA is indeed accurate, and there will be iPhone 6+'s availabe in-store on 9/19/2014, will I be able to pick one up in-store as I feel that I am entitled to get one before October 14th if they are available.

Let me know if there is more information on these inconsistent statuses and what can be done to make sure I get what I was promised.

Thank you,

Brian

verizonwtf.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question about my Apple iPhone 6 Plus preorder
worktech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well after contacting my regional Verizon executive I got a call-back within 24 hours and it looks like they are fixing my order and I should get it on time.  They just charged my credit card.

View solution in original post

JJAndersen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Brian,

I did the exact same thing. Ordered my iphone 6 pluss 128 GB space gray at 3:13 EST this morning and got the same confirmation at the same time!  that I was going to get the phone at my house on 9/19. Now when I check it says 10/14. I noticed and immediately called a Verizon agent and she told me that as long as the phone showed 9/19 delivery when we first ordered we will get it that date. She also said that because our confirmations show 9/12 as delivery and not some october date that were are safe in assuming that it is coming 9/19. She said that she was unsure as to why the 10/14 date was showing up. She said that the system was based off of all incoming pre orders no matter when they were placed and then generated a date from that. I have read other peoples changing as well so that makes sense. I am going to stick with it and hopefully get mine delivered the 19th. I also chatted with an online agent and he said that the 19 delivery date was the date it arrives to the address you listed. Hope this helps. At lease someone is having the same problems that I am.

Justin

LogicO
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this same exact issue. I pre-ordered my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Silver at 2:58am ET and received the following on the confirmation page:

iPhone.jpg

When I received the confirmation email, it showed a delivery date of 09/12/2014 and then the order status shows 10/14/2014.

This is an entire's month delay at which I would have never pre-ordered it and would have just went to the store in person to purchase the phone. Are we going to have out 09/19/2014 delivery date honored as that is what was received when we submitted our order?

worktech
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope you are right!  This is my first time switching from Android to iOS and so far it's been a rocky start (Apple Keynote stream not working, Apple.com website down during pre-sale, Verizon changing ship date 3 times, talks of 3-4 week back orders for PreOrders...)

I mean, the pre-order had a fixed amount of slots, how is it possible to sell more pre-orders than were available?  Why would someone allow more pre-orders than phones that will be available to meet the deadline promised by Apple and Verizon both?

Makes no sense.

0 Likes
JJAndersen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I hope I'm right too. Another thing that I just noticed that confirms that the Verizon expected date was bogus is that it no longer comes up. Right now it shows as unavailable. I believe that date is generated from all of the incoming pre orders put together not in the time (order) that they were made. It seems like Verizon just has to go back and verify all the pre orders and then input a date. I am sure that we will prob end up getting the phone next week no problem before they put a date there anyway because of the amount of pre orders that exist. I am not worried about not getting it the 19th or somewhere close to that date.

0 Likes
LowBatteryLife
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd like a response to this as well. This is basically bait-and-switch, by definition.

There was an obvious expectation of delivery by 9/19 given that the website specifically said 9/19 when I started, 9/19 when I finished, and the final confirmation e-mail also said 9/19. Why does the estimated ship date status page say 10/14? This is an entire month and completely not acceptable. What was the point of preordering, Verizon?

It's financially impossible that the company didn't know what sort of stock they would have on launch day, so where is the disconnect here?

0 Likes
LogicO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another person posted on another post the following:

Just spoke to CS and they said NO 6 plus were shipping until October. I ordered 6 minutes after they started taking pre-orders my confirmation says ship by 9/19, but was told NO 6 plus are shipping before October now."

We want a straight answer from Verizon on what's the disconnect here. Is Verizon intentionally selling phones it does not have in stock? If I pre-ordered at around 5:00 - 9:00am ET, I wouldn't have an issue with the date, but the issue here is that I pre-ordered within a few minutes of the pre-order button showing up. So what's going on here Verizon?

We would appreciate if a VZW Support Rep would reply to this thread and explain/clarify things for everyone.

LowBatteryLife You're correct, it is a bait-and-switch and a class action lawsuit can be filed as a result.

0 Likes
pdxphone

I am in the same boat. I had difficulties with the system accepting my order but finally got through after 0030 PST. I received a confirmation at 0200 PST with the date ordered 9/12, date delivered 9/12. This afternoon, I checked my order status and it returned 10/17. Verizon customer service is essentially unreachable right now. (no chat options and I was disconnected on my phone call after being on hold for 15 minutes). I would really appreciate somebody from CS giving us all an answer.

0 Likes
worktech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well my friend that pre-ordered at the same time as me (actually I think he finished just a few minutes after mine) said that his credit card was charged finally and he was emailed a shipping notification from Verizon.  If he checks his pre-order status on the verizon page, it still says no shipping information available, as does mine now (previously 10/14).

It seems like no one at Verizon is on the same page about this so we may never get an answer and they will just let everyone wait and see what happens and clean up the mess later.

I was on the fence about moving to ATT, not that VZW really cares, but I think this is good motivation for my next purchasing decision.

0 Likes
worktech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I think CS is clueless, my friend just got a UPS tracking number for his pre-order'd iPhone 6+ and I know for a fact he finished his pre-order 30 minutes after me.  I guess this actually was not a first-in-first-out type of ordering system.  Love it.

0 Likes