Question about getting new phone
mm2dupree

So my phone messed up and I was just gonna replace it with the insurance but i found a blackberry that i wanted so my question is, if i have the blackberry, can i just replace the phone I have right now with that one? It's verizon and everything so will there be a fee or anything or will it just be a simple switch?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about getting new phone
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

They will replace your phone with exact same model. I tried that once, they wouldnt let me do it. sorry

0 Likes
Re: Question about getting new phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

mm2dupree wrote:

So my phone messed up and I was just gonna replace it with the insurance but i found a blackberry that i wanted so my question is, if i have the blackberry, can i just replace the phone I have right now with that one? It's verizon and everything so will there be a fee or anything or will it just be a simple switch?

Verizon won't replace your phone with a Blackberry under the insurance, however if you have a BB from another source, that's another story.  If the phone is a Verizon phone with a clear ESN,  (not reported as a lost or stolen phone), yu can activate on your line in place of your other phone.  There's no fee to do this.  It will require the $29.99 a month data plan; if you already had that then there's no change.  If the phone you are replacing was on the Connect, Select, or Basic plan, you'll need to back it down to Select or Basic, and add the BB data pack.

0 Likes