Question about edge
Justin15c

I am wandering why I cannot use the edge program to upgrade my phone. All reps I've talked to do not understand why I cannot. My account is over a year old and never had a late payment??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about edge
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Early Edge you mean?

You can start an Edge contract after you've completed either a previous Edge contract or a 2 year agreement.

0 Likes
Justin15c

If you have to wait for your 2 year to be up, what is the point? Then you can just do a discounted upgrade?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Depending on the plan you have, Edge is usually cheaper. I realize you pay more for the phone, but you pay less for the line access fee.

You have to qualify for Early Edge and that means you have to turn in your current working device in near perfect condition. How long have you been on your 2 year contract?

0 Likes
Justin15c

A year as of 7-5-15

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The reason you cannot upgrade, other than the fact you signed a 2 year agreement, is that you still haven't paid off the current phone.  It's not paid off until 2 years has passed.  That $40 upgrade fee and subsidized price on the phone isn't the price you pay. That's why you have an ETF if you cancel early.  The ETF covers the loss Verizon would get hit with if you don't finish the contract, which pays the phone.

Early Edge leaves you with a Droid Turbo and may leave you on the hook for a $300 damaged device return fee, if they deem what you perceive as a perfect phone to be defective or damaged.  Then, you have a $300 charge for a phone you don't have and then a full price Turbo.

Edge is cheaper because you get a line discount based on the amount of data you get.  This discount goes to pay for the phone, and there is no $40 upgrade fee.

I'm an existing Verizon Wireless customer, can I participate in the Verizon Edge program?

Yes, you can participate provided you're eligible to upgrade and you enter a Verizon Edge Agreement.

Verizon Edge | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Justin15c

But I do not have the option for early edge either? I am just confused all together. I do not understand why I was told by two different employees I would be eligible on 7-5 only to find out I'm not?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I don't know why either.  I only know the documentation above and the following:

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I believe when I did Early Edge I was more like 18 months into contract, I think it might just be a time thing. They get more money out of you the longer they wait and then to top it off they also get to keep your current working device.

Everything comes at a price.

Snn5
Legend

And by 18-24 months hopefully Early Edge is extinct. 

0 Likes