Promised upgrade credits not delivered
KB763

Hello, I called Verizon phone sales this summer inquiring about adding an additional phone to my family share plan for my daughter's birthday. The sales person provided prices for a new iPhone 5C, and then offered to compare the plan prices for the Edge plans with other equipment upgrades. In an effort to make a sale that evening, the rep offered a new Edge plan, with early upgrades on 3 phones with a $200 trade in credit per phone- if I switched plans. It sounded like a good plan if the credits were applied as I was looking at upgrading phones over the coming months. I was told to bring in my old phones to a Verizon Corporate store, and I would receive the credits. I received my new phones, and went to the store for the credit- the store staff were not able to find the credit, and referred me back to phone sales and customer service. After multiple calls to customer service, I have been told that the salesperson offered me a credit they were not authorized to offer, and that Verizon would honor the credit. Multiple times, according to customer service, the claim was submitted- and denied, without any communication with me. The last time I called, I spoke with a representative, and then their supervisor, and was told that they could not honor the credit....but could offer me $150 as a courtesy for my inconvenience rather than the $600 I was promised with the sale and plan switch..my problem- I would not have upgraded phones if the credits were not a part of the deal. I would like to return my phones and cancel my account with Verizon if they will not fulfill what their saleperson promised.  What is the path to resolution of this issue.  Customer service reps have not been able to resolve the issue and have told me it's complicated- I agree that it's complicated. I am considering contacting the MN Attorney General's office for help Does anyone have an ideas? Any help is appreciated Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Promised upgrade credits not delivered
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do not want to lose you as a customer KB763. We would certainly want to look into this issue for you. I have sent you a Private Message to assist further.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KB763

Thank you for the reply. I have not received a private message with further information- unless this message is the private one?? .My biggest frustration has been that the sales rep I worked with on the new phones back in July offered a sales package that I only agreed to if it included all 3 things (new phones, new plan, and 3X$200 credit) It should not be my problem that the salesperson offered something that Verizon has told me they were not authorized to offer. If Verizon has an issue with an employee, Verizon should deal with it, rather than make the customer suffer from poor employee practices. No one at Verizon has been willing and/or able to rectify the situation to this point. All of the details of the original sale, as well as calls to support are tied to my account. Please let me know how I can pursue this matter.  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any confusion, KB763. I just sent another Direct Message to you. Please respond to the Direct Message so we can help get this straightened out for you.
DerekR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

KB763

Hi Derek, my account #/ Mobile phone is: [removed]. I believe [removed] is what I have on the account.  The initial purchase was back in July of 2015. The call started out with the intent of changing my [removed] line over to an iPhone 5C with a data package added to my existing plan.  The conversation shifted to reviewing my call/data plans, and the possibility of upgrading my other phones, and reviewing the cost/benefit of other plans- the Edge plan.

The salesperson reviewed my bills, and concluded that it would save me money each month to switch over to the Edge plan, and that he could get me a $200 credit or trade-in for my data phones if I switched plans, and ordered new phones that night.

In order to do this, I had to also stop the 1 pay bundle discount I had with DirectTV and CenturyLink- which meant I would no longer receive that discount.  I was assured that the savings I would have from the new plan would still be greater than my previous plan.

I agreed to purchase the phones and switch plans under the condition that I would receive a $200 credit for each of the 3 data phones I had on my account. I was told that the new phones would be shipped to me after I agreed to the terms and conditions online, and that I would need to go to a corporate Verizon Store near me to turn in my phones to receive the credit (Mine was the Northtown store in Blaine, MN).

I received the phones, activated them, and then went to the Verizon store to turn them in for the credit. The Manager of the store told me that he was not able to provide the credit I was promised since it was not a promotion he could offer.  I was directed to contact customer service.

After numerous calls to customer service agents (all who were very nice and wanted to help), I was told that the sales person and their department is responsible for fulfilling the agreement that was made. I was told by the CS rep that they reached out to the salesperson and their supervisor but did not get a response.  I was also told that Verizon would take care of this for me, and they would take care of the issue with the salesperson on VZW's end.

All of this sounded good, and I waited for the 1-2 billing cycles to see my credits on my account, or the $600 worth of VISA cards I was to receive (I have heard both) and am happy with just the bill credit.

No communication was ever made back to me, but I was told when I was called that the claim was denied, and that someone should have let me know.  I do not understand what claim there is to make as I am only asking to receive what I was told I would receive when I made all of the changes to my plan, my phones, my contract.

I have been a long-time Verizon customer, and have been happy with my service and coverage.  This has been incredibly frustrating. If the $200/line is not going to be fulfilled, then I do not feel that I should be obligated to continue my current plan and phones.  I would like to revert back to my old phones and plans, and return my new phones with no penalty.  The only reason I made the switch is that the overall package provide all of what I was told I would receive.  A $600 phone credit, new phones, and shared data.

I am still hopeful that this problem can be rectified, and I will receive the $600 credits I was promised, or I will be allowed to go back to my old plan and phones.

Thank you for your help,

Karl

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KB763, thanks for reaching out to us and I have sent you a Private Message to discuss this matter further. I look forward to hearing back from you.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes