Re: Program & Setup Fee
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It's always best to go to a corporate store. They tend to be better at keeping up with things. The Device Payment Plan is just the new name for Edge, though it does have a few differences.

It couldn't hurt to call the retailer and explain you weren't informed about the $40 program fee. Unless your phone was a hassle to transfer information, they shouldn't be charging you anything.

Did you utilize the cloud? Were they able to move over all your contacts, photos, videos etc?

0 Likes
JR0101
Enthusiast - Level 2

The store has Verizon all over it. It looks like Verizon to me. Use google maps to see the store from street view. I back phones weekly so there was no need for them move data over. If only I was given the option indicating to me there was a cost to it.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I saw the street view and it does resemble a corporate store, however when you view the details in google of the store, their web address is not www.verizonwireless.com which is how I know it's a retailer.

If all they did was have you sign in with your e-mail address, cloud account and hit a few buttons, I'd call. Did they give you new SIM cards?

It sounds like they are into some trickery which isn't cool.

0 Likes
JR0101
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only thing preventing me from switching providers is that fact that I already dished out $260.00 +$187.00 that they gave me for my two iphone 5 devices.

Where can I file a complaint against this Verizon Store?

JR0101
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m assuming they did.

My wife already banned me from shopping by myself.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm not entirely sure it's possible to file a complaint about a retailer unless they are doing things outside what Verizon allows. You could post another thread on here asking that very question and hopefully a Verizon Rep will respond.

0 Likes
JR0101
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, thanks for responding to my questions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JR0101,

Help has arrived! This is quite concerning & we never want for you to be sick over anything. I’m so glad that you have reached out to us here to get this taken care of. Thank you very much for this extra information. First & foremost, congratulations on the new devices!  I would personally like to dig a little deeper to get everything resolved for you. I’m going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather much needed information. Please respond back to me only in the Private Message to continue.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes