Program & Setup Fee
JR0101
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had two separate accounts with Verizon, one was a prepaid and the other was a two year contract. The two year contract was eligible for an upgrade. I decided to stop by the authorized store and look into my options. I really only wanted to combine the pre-paid account into my two year and maybe increase my data pla. I ended up coming out with two new phone and the Edge Plan. What I don't understand is why I was charged a Program and setup Fee of $40.00 for each device. I have looked all over the web and cannot see anything about this charge, only an upgrade and activation fee, and the way I understand it I'm not upgrading so there should be no charge there and the  activation should be waived because I'm changing  my plan to the edge. I don't see this charge on my invoice only the Program and Setup.

Has anyone else had this charge too?

Labels (1)
Re: Program & Setup Fee
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

When you say authorized store, you mean you didn't go to a corporate store? That could be why you're seeing that fee, though...they would have just had you pay it in the store, but you're saying you see it on your actual bill?

Did you have them program your phone and set them up? Move data over etc?

0 Likes
JR0101
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was a corporate Verizon store. Yes, they did activate and move data from old phones to new phones. But they just did it, I wasn't given an option.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What city and street was the store on?

If you signed up on Edge, you did that months ago, are you seeing a recent charge or are you referring to a bill that is months old?

0 Likes
JR0101
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched over last week. I paid a total of 260.00 for accessories and includes 80.00 for the two program and setup fee and turned in two iphone 5. When I got home I started to review the invoice. I went back to have them explain and they said it was non-refundable. I was and still am ticked off about this.

The store is in Houston, TX

Address: 9659 North Sam Houston Pkwy E #100, Humble, TX 77396

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how concerning it is to see unexpected fees on your account JR0101. We are more than happy to provide clarification. I understand you wanted to bring your pre-paid line over to your post paid account. Was this done at the store or did you activate a new line of service with a new phone number? Did you purchase the phones at a corporate store location or an indirect store location? An activation fee is only billed when you start a new line of service. However, if you upgrade to a new phone with a two year contract agreement, there is a $40 upgrade fee.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JR0101
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopefully I can clarify. I had two Verizon accounts, one was prepaid because it was rarely used by my spouse. I had a contract plan that was eligible for an upgrade with 1GB Data plan. I decided to combine her account into my and increase the data plan to 3GB. I went to a Verizon Retail store and ended up buying two new phones there at the retail store under the Edge plan paying for the phones monthly for 24 months plus the shared data plan. Then I was told I had to buy accessories for some promotion that was going. The whole transaction took place in the store. Once I got hoime and reviewed what just happened I felt really mis-lead. It was not communicated well at all. I went back to get my phones I turned in a couple of days later and to return the phones, but they said they were already shiiped out. So I had no choice but to buy two new phone on the Edge plan.

Very frustrating. Not a good experience at all. Its been a week and I’m still sick to my stomach.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That's a retailer, not a corporate store. When I google them their web address is:

Park Lakes - Cellular Sales, Verizon Wireless Retailer | Cellular Sales, Verizon Premium Wireless Re...

You'll need to contact them about the $80 in fees. You signed up on the Device Payment Plan, not Edge.

JR0101
Enthusiast - Level 2

I assumed I was singing up for edge plan. Just s lack of explaining from the sales person. I feel I may be stuck with it. Thanks for your comments

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
JR0101
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also thought the device payment plan was only available with the edge plan?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes