Problems with NFL Mobile Premium?
Fierfek

I've been having issues with the NFL Mobile Premium.  The two I have questions about are:

1) Connection problems.  I have huge problems connecting to watch live streams, whether I'm on data or wifi.  I always get an error that the video couldn't load.  Sometimes if I try again it works, but this is extremely frustrating.  Does anybody know how to solve this?

2) Data usage.  I'm a bit confused by this.  The Verizon data calculator states that NFL mobile video streaming uses 125MB/hour.  However, the other day I watched about half an hour of a game on data and used over 300MB.  Why is it taking so much more data than Verizon states it does?

Answers on either of these questions would be super appreciated, thanks! Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with NFL Mobile Premium?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Fierfek,

Good morning. I am sorry to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing with the NFL mobile application. I know how important it is to be able to watch games on the go. Allow us to get to the bottom of your concerns.

When your experiencing difficulites with watching live games, are you in a certain zip code or does this happen every where you go? What make & model phone are you using the NFL mobile on?

As far as data usage, depending on speeds the data usage may be higher. 4G Video streaming can average around 350 MB/hr and 3G video streaming can average 250 MB/hr. For more information on our data usage click http://vz.to/LmEbC7 Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Fierfek

Dear MichelleS_VZW,

It's generally in whatever zip code I'm in.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I'm using the Nokia Lumia 928 for this.

Thank you for that extremely informative and useful link on verizon's data usage.  Quoting the link you gave me: "NFL Mobile Streaming = 125MB/hr".  I question whether or not you actually read my post, given I specifically said I had already referenced the data calculator and the fact that I am using about 6 times as much data as it says I should be.  So, again, why is the app taking over 100MB every 10 minutes when it should be taking that much every 60 minutes?

0 Likes
Sajier

I am having similar problems where it says:

"An error occurred tried to communicate with the video provider".

I am in zip code 63303.

0 Likes
bbuffinton

I have the same issues.  This is unacceptable. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bbuffinton, thanks for posting. Are you still having issues w/ the app? What exact error message are you getting? What is your zip code? Please share more details. We are here to help.

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
discochas

I signed up today and I'm unimpressed. I'm trying to watch the NFL Network and no matter how many times I try, I keep getting "Loading error, please try again". I will be cancelling and $10.00 says Verizon won't refund my $5.00 even though I haven't been able to use it.

I'm in Zip Code 92117 BTW.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Sunday discochas,

Thanks for the info. I know that you truly do not want to cancel this app as it's SUPER convenient to stay in the know during football season. I'm eager to partner with you and get this service working for you so you can enjoy the season. The good news is that there isn't any issues reported in your area, based on the zip code that you gave. May I ask what model device do you have? Also, are you having any issues with any other apps on your phone? Try uninstalling the app, reboot the device, and reinstall. Let me know the results after testing.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bpd1619rob
Enthusiast - Level 1

I pay for this premium subscription every month and rarely use it. I pretty much pay for the convenience of being able to watch the game in the event I'm not home. Typically, I'm fortunate enough to be able to watch the game on TV, however, for the times I'm out of the house, NFL mobile premium seemed like the perfect solution. I've used the app only a handful of times since subscribing and it hasn't worked over half of the time! The streaming service for NFL network will play for about a minute or two at the most before stopping and telling me there was a playback error... Then no move streaming video. Multiple problems in multiple zip codes and I've always been in a 4G coverage area (per my phones display). This is an incredibly frustrating problem. What am I paying for!? I can't possibly recommend this service to anyone with its terrible unreliability. I just opened NFL mobile and... Same error. Thanks Verizon, for taking my money while I miss another game that I PAID to watch.

Samsung Galaxy S3

Zip codes: 21218, 20723, 21046

Coverage: 4G

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Bpd1619rob,

I apologize for the frustration. The zip codes are not showing any know issues. Are you having the issues with the App when you're mainly on the indoors? Did you try to un install and re install the App? If not, please give that a try to see if it helps you.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes