Problems with Edge Program
SM-Doc

Currently have multiple phones all on Month to Month (have not had a contract for > 18 months). Went to upgrade one of the phones and the computer system keeps saying upgrade eligibility is 3 months from now despite all phones being paid off and no phones on a contract. The system was happy to offer what it was calling an early edge upgrade. I called customer service who said this was a glitch as I owned my phones and was not on a contract and to go ahead and order. So I did, during the order it stated "you will need to return your old phone as this is an early upgrade". I continued anyway and called customer service again afterwards to confirm the prior information was correct. Again I was told I am not on contract and did not owe anything on my prior phones so this was fine and it was again a glitch that the Verizon system thinks I am not eligible to upgrade for another 3 months.

Today received the phone and again in the package is return information and the threat of a $200 charge if I don't return the phone. I do not have a Verizon contract and I paid >$600 for the phone I am replacing. I do not want to just give Verizon a free phone but I don't want to be charged $200 for a glitch in their system. Has anyone else had this problem and am I really going to be charged from Verizon?

I am really annoyed by this, they can threaten to take money from me due to system glitches but I can't force them to give me money for wasting my time? What are the community thoughts on this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with Edge Program
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SM-Doc,

Purchasing a new device should be fun and hassle free. I am sincerely sorry to hear you are being asked to send back your phones after they have been fully paid off. Let's see what's going on, how long ago did you finish paying off the devices? When you Did you upgrade to a new device by using a special promotion or by starting a new Device Payment Plan? Please share details to better assist you.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SM-Doc

Device was paid in full >1 year ago. On the phone they couldn't figure out why it was giving me an "upgrade eligibility date" when my devices were paid in full and I was on month-to-month (no contract). Because it was erroneously giving me an "upgrade eligibility date" the computer is considering any upgrade an "early edge" upgrade even though it really isn't. No special promotions just had the phone price split into edge increments, if I had known it would be this complicated I would have just bought the phone outright from Samsung.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SM-Doc, we want to get you paired the device you desire. A situation such as this one will require to a look from the account level. . I sent you a Private Message please respond back there. Just to clarify you had the phone on edge(monthly payments)  and you paid it off a year ago. Is that

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes