Problem wit last upgrade on Android
187rigger

After being "hounded" very time I turned my phone on to click the upgrade button, I finally gave in and di it. Boy am I sorry for ever doing that. I am a member of a fire department and in the past when the sheriff's department paged us out I would receive a text telling me the action to take (fire or medical) and where this incident was located ( the address). I could click on the address and a prompt would come up asking if I wanted to use "World" or "Maps"? when you selected one of those a map would appear showing your position, the destination, travel route and time to that point.

NOW when I receive a page a text appears showing action and address. When you click on the address you get "message details giving "Type" ie. "message, "From ie. where the message originated from, "Priority" ie. Normal, "Sent" ie. May 31, 11:58, Received" ie. May 31, 10:58. Notice differences in the times, which really doesn't matter. What I need to know is how do I get back to where I was?@

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem wit last upgrade on Android
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

187rigger, you're very welcome. We're here to help. A hard reset refers to a master reset. This step will delete everything on your device and revert it back to the original factory settings. However, before hard resetting your device, we reccommend that you uninstall any unwanted applications and power your device off/on to soft reset it. If your issues still persist, then we recommend that you hard reset your phone.

You can hard reset your device by tapping Settings>Backup & Reset>Factory Data Reset>Reset Phone>Tap Erase Everything.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry the update on your phone removed some important features for you 187rigger. I know this frustrating. Are you using a 3rd party text messaging app? Are you having any issues with any of your apps? Have you tried a hard reset yet?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
187rigger

Thanks for your prompt response. In answer to your question, I use the Android app for messaging and no I am not having any problems with other apps. I do not know what you mean when you ask if I have tried a hard reset. What is a hard reset?

TOM (RIGGER)

(Removed)

Private info removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

187rigger, you're very welcome. We're here to help. A hard reset refers to a master reset. This step will delete everything on your device and revert it back to the original factory settings. However, before hard resetting your device, we reccommend that you uninstall any unwanted applications and power your device off/on to soft reset it. If your issues still persist, then we recommend that you hard reset your phone.

You can hard reset your device by tapping Settings>Backup & Reset>Factory Data Reset>Reset Phone>Tap Erase Everything.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes