Probably switching to T-Mobile, anyone else?
BigIrishJay

I have been with Verizon for awhile and originally signed up on an unlimited everything plan. Well do to an error, my plan was changed, I called and was told it was put back to my unlimited everything plan for 100.00 (70 unlimited talk/text & 30 unlimited data).

Well, I got a letter about a month ago saying my "promo" was being removed and I needed to pick a new plan. I call in and find out when they put me back on what I thought was my original plan, they put me on a temporary promotion. So long story short, this "promo" now ends and my bill goes from 115.00 w/tax to 145.00.

Nobody can put me back on the plan I was on apparently so thinking of going to T-Mobile. I like the convenience of paying 1 price for unlimited everything and w/T-Mobile it's 70 bucks for unlimited everything.

Anyone gone to T-Mobile or came from T-Mobile? I also travel alot, to major cities, curious how the coverage difference is.

Thanks!

J

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Probably switching to T-Mobile, anyone else?
clstrunk

I am SERIOUSLY considering switching to T-Mobile. Verizon can't seem to keep my account straight. I've only had one bill over the last 5 months that was correct. The other 4 times I had to call and get an adjustment to the proper amount. With the announcement form T-Mobile that they'll pay the buyout for you to switch and the fact that I can get unlimited data on all 4 lines for almost $100.00 per month less, I'm thinking very strongly about it. If T-Mobile can do it, so can Verizon! Yes, you have to buy phones at full retail but the monthly difference in price will MORE than offset that.

I've been a Verizon Wireless customer since it's inception and the customer service and prices only keep getting worse. I'm waiting on some info from friends who have T-Mobile and if I like what I hear from them I'll switch. If Verizon would give me unlimited data and service on my account at the price I was quoted from T-Mobile I MIGHT consider staying. NOT a happy Verizon customer!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/01/more-on-t-mobiles-uncarrier-4-0-plans-early-termination-fees-covered/

I tried them for five months recently the coverage in my area was great, but a few miles away from home the service was terrible. The 4G LTE was fast, total cost was $50 unlimited talk and text and $20 for unlimited data with a now 2.5 GB of teathering each month.

The problem was T-Mobile in five months was overcharging me via post and are dating my bill because of my 15% corporate discount. Adding services I did not request and then having to call over and over to get it removed. They also have a nasty habit of sending texts to your device alerting you to your payment date. Over and over. Then when you call and tell them to knock it off they say they have the right to send them. Not to my device they don't. They also like to change your bill date and again say your new payment date has changed, very shady with billing.

On certain devices you have WiFi calling. This feature is pretty nice. They also give .20¢ per minute calls in over 100 countries. Along with free texts and edge data in those same 100 countries. No other carrier can match them.

Customer service like verizon will lie to you and give wrong information. The bill payment portal is not functional a good part of the time. If you call in and don't use the automated payment service you get charged $5 to make a payment.

Of course you would have to try it out and see for yourself.

Sprint now has for $100 a month a family plan so four members get unlimited calls and texts and a low amount of data that might be worth looking at. However T-Mobile will pay for your ETF if you leave Verizon.

Good Luck

0 Likes
ddbtdd

Here in NE Ohio there are lots of cell phone options. I've had Sprint and switched to At&t and now I have Verizon. Most people I know here complain about TMobile service. The best sounding calls I had were on At&t but as far as signal and having service, no one beats Verizon in NE Ohio.

0 Likes
craigben

We have been with Verizon since GTE Mobile days. I called today to get a early upgrade for one of my 4 lines. I was told that I was to far out for a early upgrade, but could switch to their edge and do it today. My normal upgrade is June of this year. So I ask the agent if losing me as a long term customer was worth it to Verizon and she just said sorry if you feel that way. This was after she had a discussion with a Supervisor to give my a upgrade. I don't think they understand the T-Mobile option now. I will likely take my family to T-Mobile and get them all new iphone 5s and then the 6 for less than I pay at Verizon today. I just am not sure of the coverage in my area and will check with some friends to see if they have issues. I was not asking for a upgrade on a phone that I just got. They cannot compete with retailers like Best Buy and others when it comes to phone prices out of pocket.

0 Likes
MadMarks

I am thinking about switching from Verizon to T-Mobile. I am letting my contract expire with Verizon. It is up next month. Then I can finally be free to do what I want. T-Mobile pays your ETF fees but you have to pay them back if you leave, so not much incentive to go from one to the other. But what I really like is phone control and WAY WAY WAY less cost per month. I only have 2 lines and a tablet. But I never really wanted to pay for data and the tablet. Oh well my mistake getting that through Verizon.

March 9th and I am free. 9 years with Verizon, I actually have never had any other carrier. Now I am fed up.$200 a month for 2 lines and a tablet. That is ridiculous. we don't even use that much data. maybe 500mb between all three. And I don't even have international calling. Think of it this way Verizon, look at how bad you had to treat me to get me to leave. In order for me to come back, it will take a miracle. My eyes have been open to your overpriced cellular service.

0 Likes
Matt14

Switch to Ting!! I did and it's so much cheaper! My verizon bill was about $85 per month. This month with Ting it's $49.

Get a free $25 credit when you sign up by using this link.

https://z3jao722nr3.ting.com/

I just realized that this really sounds like a scam but it's not. Ting uses Sprint's network and is a "pay for what you use" carrier. Check it out at Ting.com.

0 Likes