Possible to cancel Edge plan and sign two year agreement instead?
coco727

I walked into Verizon today (August 15th) on a whim and walked out with a new phone. The sales reps called my upgrade an early Edge probably because my upgrade date was August 24th. At first, the thought of being able to upgrade sooner excited me which is why I went ahead with it. Thinking about it a few hours later, I'm hesitant to part ways with my old phone and I'm not sure if I'll want to pay more every month just to upgrade sooner. So my question is if I go back on the 24th, will I be able to cancel the Edge agreement, sign a new two year and just pay the upgrade price for the phone? Or will there be issues with the previous contract still having 9 days left on it? Couldn't I still cancel, pay the ETF and then just re-buy the phone under a new two year?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Possible to cancel Edge plan and sign two year agreement instead?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

coco727

That's a great question! Within your 14-day Worry Free Guarantee, you can change to a 2-year contract. You will need to visit your nearest retail store to process the change. http://bit.ly/3SdsA

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

coco727

That's a great question! Within your 14-day Worry Free Guarantee, you can change to a 2-year contract. You will need to visit your nearest retail store to process the change. http://bit.ly/3SdsA

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You will not be able to cancel the Edge agreement unless it is within the 14 days. It may cause issues on your account and you will not get your old phone back. In order for that you must hope the store still has that phone and didn't send it away, completely return your Edge phone, wait til your upgrade date and re-purchase at the upgrade price. This will cause you and the store a lot of confusion, paperwork and time. What exactly is the issue with being on Edge? Do you qualify for any of the Edge discounts? What plan are you on?

0 Likes
coco727

I haven't sent in my old phone yet since I'm waiting on the return labels. I'm not looking to return the phone I upgraded to, just want to cancel the Edge in favor of a standard two year agreement. Edge can be nice for some and I even thought it would be for me hence why I did it. After sleeping on it, I realized that I'm probably not going to upgrade for another two years anyway so I might as well just pay the upgrade price instead of 30 dollars every month. Also, at the end of my contract, I can keep the phone to use as a backup. Originally upgrading sooner appealed to me but after really thinking, it's not as big of a deal to me.

0 Likes
coco727

Thank you for replying!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

coco727 We would love to reivew your device options. Edge is a great plan for those looking to change to newer devices without having to wait 2 years. However, we also understand how the 2yr contract is beneficial for others. If the Edge plan was started 14 days ago then you are able to make the necessary changes to a contract.

SheritaH_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes