Possible that someone has same phone number?
polarbearluv3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last year I started getting some strange phone calls from Hayward

One was about a guy saying that I prank called him

and the other phone calls were from some Hayward schools .

Which was weird because I live all the way in the Sacramento county

I just shrugged it off thinking it was just some scam or prank calls

and today there was a restricted call which was apparently from Hayward Police.

He asked my name and asked if it was my phone number and where I live.

He then was telling me that someone from my number called a Hayward Elementary School principal

telling the principal that he(the prank caller) was her secret admirer and such.

Then the police asked me several questions if I knew anyone in Hayward or anyone borrowed my phone on specific day and so on.

This really disturbed because for one, I don't have any friends in Hayward and I don't let people borrow my phone in general.

So I'm wondering if it's possible that someone can have same phone number as I do

I can't really call customer service at the moment because I need to work soon but really wanted to know if it's possible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Possible that someone has same phone number?
budone
Legend

Not have the same number, but there are apps that can spoof any number one wants to show on Caller ID.  Sounds like someone is playing a very poor prank on you.

I would suspect to show the police mean business, they would have knocked on your door, not called.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree with budone ... either someone is playing a bad prank or they are fishing for info., or both.  I wouldn't think a Police Dept. number would show up as Restricted.

polarbearluv3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did feel bit odd about how it was restricted...Once I told him I wasn't the one prank calling he told me how he was trying to "trace" where I am or something similar to that...If the calls from Hayward were all I guy I'd figure that the police was fake but since Hayward unified district also called (who was a lady) I wasn't so sure at the moment and bit panicked...But now I know for sure that police was fake...and possibly that someone's using apps to spoof my number...

Thank you for fast reply I really appreciate it Smiley Happy

0 Likes
polarbearluv3
Enthusiast - Level 2

He did asked me for basic information like what my name and age was and where I lived and who's my cell phone provider...I don't know if any of that information can be used for something though hopefully not and I really hope that I won't get any calls from Hayward like this again...Thank you for the reply Smiley Happy

0 Likes