Porting to Page Plus, about my number?
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

I am considering a port to Page Plus.  I am wondering, I know that I will have to pay a ETF, but when VZW determines that I have ported out, will they be able to "lock" my number in any way?   For example, if I am not "timely" in paying the remainder of my bill and/or the ETF, can they in effect "blacklist" my phone?

Thanks,

Bill

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Porting to Page Plus, about my number?
Tidbits
Legend

No they will not.  You will get your bill near the end of that cycle + termination fee if you haven't completed it.

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Ok, thank you.  I just didn't want there to be any issue with my number if VZW determined that I didn't pay out their bill in "time" and if they could at any time block my number OR that handset in the future once it is ported.  I'm sure I would be paying that final bill over a few months, so I was not sure what they could or could not do.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The worse that can happen is you don't pay your final bill and it is sent to collections.  I believe it's 60 days from when you cancel and the final bill is sent.

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Ok...how about say, to Sprint....main reason I'm asking is that I plan to sell my existing phone after I port, because I'm getting a new phone.....if the full amt is not paid within 60 days or if it goes to collections can they lock down the phone even though someone else is now using it?  Just want to be sure.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The phone will be blacklisted. They will keep the phone from being used until the bill is paid.