Ported out and wish to come back
wildcat2
Contributor - Level 1

Hi guys,

So not too long ago, I ported my lines out of Verizon to another carrier which suspended/disconnected my lines on myVerizon. Since I wanted to come back, I went to my Verizon store ( yes, it was corporate) and explained to the representative that I wished to transfer back. I had my account number (from the other carrier) and numbers, so I was pretty much set since I've done this before. When I explained what I wanted, I was told they could not port my numbers back in the store and had to call Customer Care. Ok, I wasn't happy with that answer but I let it go.

The representative then called Customer Care for me, which I thought was really nice explained to the rep over the phone what I wanted to do. The representative in the store passes the phone to me. So again, good start but it doesn't end there. So the rep transfers me to the porting department which AGAIN is a good start and I get a kind rep who asks for my info. Ok all said and done. So I give the rep the number I wanted to port back and I was told that couldn't transfer it back because the number is showing as ACTIVE. He proceeds to tell me that I would have to call the carrier I ported to, which in this case was AT&T, and request a PORT IN request. I ask if there's any way he could port the number and no dice.

I would really rather not call AT&T to be asked why am I porting and to please reconsider because we offer this and that. I have never had to call the carrier I'm porting FROM to get such a request done. Isn't it the porting department's job to request the number from the carrier, whether it be from a web form or phone call?? I'm shocked that Verizon is so different from other carriers. If anyone from Verizon can help, greatly appreciated...

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ported out and wish to come back
Not applicable

You got me on this one. The phone has to be active on the other cell service in order to port it back to verizon wireless.

If you call AT&T they have to release the line number to the carrier you desire. But all that is normally required is the name of the carrier your porting from, your account number at AT&T, and your account password from AT&T.

I suspect you got a rep who doesn't know what they are doing.

Call them again and be insistent that should work.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

You got me on this one. The phone has to be active on the other cell service in order to port it back to verizon wireless.

If you call AT&T they have to release the line number to the carrier you desire. But all that is normally required is the name of the carrier your porting from, your account number at AT&T, and your account password from AT&T.

I suspect you got a rep who doesn't know what they are doing.

Call them again and be insistent that should work.

Good Luck

0 Likes
wildcat2
Contributor - Level 1

Yes I have that information already and the numbers are active on ATT. Just never had to call the carrier I'm porting from to port them to another carrier. So weird. Hoping someone from Verizon here canbe able to assist on this matter.

0 Likes
wildcat2
Contributor - Level 1

Right so I tried again today and they were successfully able to port the lines over. Glad I didn't have to end up calling ATT like the other rep said the other day.

Cheers!

0 Likes