Poor signal on cell and 4G.
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

Why is it that the signal in Commerce City, Colorado is poor. At best at ground level I have 2 bars and 1x signal. When I'm working on the roof of a 6 story building it improves to 3 bars and 4G. We have compared 10 different  Verizon pgones and the same issue. County I work for uses Verizon for their mobile communication and they complain a lot about poor signal. Even my personal phone is the same. I was up in Cheyenne, Wyoming on Monday and I had 5 bars (full) and 4G every where I was in the city. 2 years ago the cell service was better than to day we would have 4 bars and even be able to take a call inside a building, but now signal is lost when inside. The exact location in Commerce City is 72nd and Colorado Boulevard 80022. People that are on Tmobile have no issues like us Verizon users do.  I was told that I need to be close to a highway. I can see I-25, I-76 and I-36 from where I'm standing. Please look into this.

Thanks,

Gregg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor signal on cell and 4G.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gpeterden, thanks for this heads up. No issues reported in Colorado. Wireless reception can be challenging indoors. Have you ever had decent service at this location? Have you powered your device off/on since this issue started? Which make/model phone do you have?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

This issue is mostly outside. It has steadily gotten worse offer the past 2

years. I've powered down, restarted, factory reset. I'm using a Samsung

Galaxy Note 4. Other phones that we compared were using are Samsung Galaxy

S3, S4, S5 note 3, HTC One, Droid Maxx, Droid Turbo, LG G4 and 2 Iphones

(All Verizon). So it's not just one brand or make.

Gpeterden

On Sep 17, 2015 11:01 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
VZ5681

We have a similar issue here in Maryland. Since I can't post a new discussion, I post mine here and hope to get an answer from Verizon.

Since we moved in a rental apartment in Cockeysville, Maryland from North Carolina recently, our cell phones (iPhone 6s) with a Verizon family plan don't work. They have only one signal  bar or none at home. Sometimes when I receive a phone call or make a call if I am lucky, the other side can't hear from me for a completed sentence. If I go outside of the building, I may have 2 bars and make some phone calls.When I call a cell phone at home from work, two of three would not be connected and the home cell phone does not have a missed call signal. Therefore, I assume I might have lost some important phone calls since then.

This has bothered us a lot. We started to ask around and were told that AT&T and TMobile work in our area. My son and daughter encourage me to transfer to another company. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VZ5681, we certainly want you to have service where you are located at. Are you having this same issue when outside  as well, or is it just when inside you new apartment? Have you updated the phones since moving to that location by restarting them after removing the SIMs for a short period of time and reinstalling them?
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

The issue here hasn't go way. After several months we finely were able to talk to some higher than a Tech 1 and basically There was nothing they could do. It was suggested for use to upgrade our phones to the latest things. We currently own Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. According to another Tech stated that they hate to say that it might be an idea to switch to Cricket, AT&T or T-Mobile. Sprint was not recommend in our area, but changes were coming to them to make there system competitive. Since our contract is up, we are very seriously looking at switching on line at a time to test out. At this time T-Mobile is our 1st pick.

0 Likes