Poor signal inside and out! What can I do?
romeck

Verizonwireless overage map indicates I should be getting 4G Lite but I only get 3G, with 2 bars outside and 1 bar inside my house. I am so tired of dropped calls. What can I do to get 4G Lite?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor signal inside and out! What can I do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your SOS has been heard romeck.

We pride ourselves in having a top notch network.  I want to make sure that you are receiving the service you deserve,  How long have you been having this issue for?  How far do you have to travel for service to improve?  Provide your zip code to review your area.

YareliM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wgd1206
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am supposed to have 4G LTE on both our iPhone5s. All I ever see is extended, or one time I saw 3G LTE and once in awhile I see just LTE. I left US Cellular after 15 years. I am begining to wonder if I made a mistake?? I will admit my service area is not the best. I have a cell site 3 miles from my home but do have a lot of hills. On the other hand, when I am in town, which is flat, that is when I saw 3G LTE. I was told by the manager of the Verizon store I would get 4G LTE service when she looked on the coverage map. So what gives?

0 Likes
romeck

Thank you for your reply. My zip code is 19086. I noticed the problem primarily after getting the iPhone 6, in November 2014. Service has never been great but it's much worse now. I have to travel about a mile within 19086 to get 3 bars, though when I make call it drops to 2 bars and when I make a call outside my house it drops to 1 bar.

Thank you again,

MaryEllen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@wgd1206

That's not cool!  I want to ensure your iPhone 5S devices are connecting to our 4G LTE network.  In what zip code are you experiencing this problem?  Have you been able to receive a 4G LTE signal at this location in the past?  Please enable LTE http://vz.to/1BxKQI4, then power off your devices, remove and reinsert the SIM Card http://vz.to/1zUbAOm.  Let me know how this works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wgd1206
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip code is 25414, my LTE has always been turned on. I have not tried

the SIM card yet. My wife's iPhone 5s is the same way. the store had to

order hers along with a SIM card due to she wanted gold color. Mine was in

stock. Both phones show same thing as stated in community. All we get is 1

bar at home and 3 bars in town neither say 4G LTE network. We had our

service enabled 6/17. Both numbers ported from US Cellular. I feel like

taking phones back to place of purchase and have them do SIM cards, but

it's a 45 minute drive one way. But I suppose I will give it a try if you

really think it will help!

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
wgd1206
Enthusiast - Level 2

By the way I forgot to says thanks! Also I have noticed that when going to

General, About, last night it said Network: Extended This am it says:

Verizon, Also at the battery bar I still have only one bar. It keeps going

from Extended to Verizon and jumps from one bar to two bars. Very unhappy!

Still no 4G LTE. Maybe since the store put the cases on the phones I should

take them back and let them remove cases and SIM. I feel the money I am

paying they should be right when I left the store. Please advise! Thanks

again for your help in this matter.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes