Poor signal and poor customer service!!!
mojo622

First, let me voice my disgust that there is no actual email address to email someone at the corporate offices.  This forces people to use this poor excuse for communication.  This, and the chat feature, which I've also not had the best experiences with.  I am completely and totally disappointed in Verizon and their customer service.  I have moved to a new neighborhood and have had extremely poor service for almost a year now.  I cannot use my phone for phone calls, RARELY get text messages.  My phone is basically another device hooked into my wifi.  I can only get email and surf the internet (through wifi only).  I already have a laptop that does this same thing.  I have made several calls to the Verizon Wireless customer service departments and I get the same run around each time.  They have basically told me that there is nothing they can do.  I've been told that I will just have to "eat the cost" of my 4 lines and my poor service must have something to do with my house.  This has nothing to do with anything in my house or on my end.  I know that there are people who have AT&T that get full service in my house - including the basement!  How can Verizon claim to have the best network, yet I have a tower a mile from my house and get the worst service I've ever experienced?  I'm not the only person in my neighborhood that has these issues.  I hope someone at Verizon sees this post.  I've been a very loyal customer for 13 years and have 4 lines with them.  This issue is something on their end and I think that if they really want to provide good customer service, they would try to help me instead of telling me that there is nothing they can do.  How about trying to boost the signal, or build another tower?  Since this is not something that I have done wrong, and my issues have clearly been documented on my account when I have called, Verizon should waive my ETF's and allow me to get out of my contract so I can get a phone through a provider that actually works in my neighborhood.  Unfortunately, I have to wait until December when my contract is up to leave this horrible company.  I hate that it has come to this, but this is the price they pay for not trying to fix the problems on their end.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Poor signal and poor customer service!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mojo622,

I am so sorry to hear that you've having problems with the service in your area. We definitely want to make sure that we address any service issues you may be experiencing. Can you please provide the zip code where you're experiencing these problems? Also, what is the make and model of your phone? You can update your roaming, and possibly improve service on a 4G phone by powering the phone off, and removing, then reinserting the SIM card.

On a 3G or a basic phone, you can update by dialing *228, option 2. Please give this a try, and let us know if things improve.

Also, I want to let you know, we now conduct business via Facebook and Twitter. You can send us a Private Message on Facebook, in lieu of sending an email, for any questions, or concerns about your account.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mojo622

I have been in contact with Verizon's customer service for weeks now. I've done everything they've told me, including getting a new sim card.  This made things even words.  I was told by a Verizon customer service rep that it is indeed a problem on their end and that my area is a weak coverage area.  All they want to do is send me a network extender.  I tried one, it didn't make much difference and now Verizon doesn't want to help me.  I'm considering pulling all 4 of my lines and taking them to AT&T.  Obviously, there is a huge problem in my zip code (22508) that no one wants to fix.  Since this is an issue on Verizon's end, they need to come up with a better solution rather than the network extender.  My husband has some of the same issues on his S4.  I wish they would let us out of our contract so we can go to AT&T where the service actually works - even in my basement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these additional details mojo622. With regards to the network extender, have we worked with to ensure that it has been set up and configured properly? You should definitely notice an improvement with service quality, within the range of the network extender. It sounds like there may be specific factors in the area which may be contributing to the signal issues you are experiencing.

We definitely do not want to see you leave us, mojo622. Let us know if the above has been performed, or if we have worked with you on it. Thank you, and may you have a great day.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes