Poor service in Holden, MA 01520
cohjo01

Reporting poor signal strength in my neighborhood.  This occurs both inside and outside the house.  Driving on some local streets routinely results in dropped calls.  This has been going on for some time.  Consistent despite weather conditions.  All of my family's phones (4 lines, four different phones) are similarly affected.  By the Verizon map, we are supposed to get 4G coverage, but this rarely occurs; usually 3G or 1X.  What can please be done to improve service coverage to our area?  Range extender will not be helpful as the problem is both inside and outside the house.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor service in Holden, MA 01520
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cohjo01,

We work hard to provide reliable service at all times not just sometimes. It saddens me to hear that we are missing the goal in your neighborhood. Lets roll up our sleeves and get this issue resolved asap. What zipcode is this issue occuring in? When did the issue start? How far do you have to travel to receive a better signal on the device?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have activated the Advanced Calling feature, and are in an area with service that fluctuates from 4G to 3G or lower, then it will result in dropped calls when the service changes.  Turn off Advanced Calling while driving so the signal hand off will not result in dropped calls.  If service is inconsistent wherever you go, leaving Advanced Calling off all the time may give you a better experience.

Until the 4G network is built up in more places, AC is not always an improvement.

0 Likes
cohjo01

As stated above: 01520

Issue has been ongoing for at least 24 months, but reliability is more problematic now.

Better signal is achieved in 3-5 miles (better going South)

0 Likes
cohjo01

This message was originally HTML formatted.  View in a HTML capable client to see the original version.\r\n\r\n  Thank you, but I am not convinced this is simply an AC problem.  Signal strength is sometimes down to 1X both inside my house and in the local neighborhood.  4G is supposed to be present

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
cohjo01

Is it possible for you to file a trouble -ticket to have your technicians review my area for problems as well as signal strength? My signal is 4G= -124dBm  

0 Likes
DRB2020

For at last 2 years you can't get any internet at 800 Main Street, Holden, MA...almost full 5G available but zero internet....at least 1 mile drive from that location...no internet...after that switches to 4G...and internet is available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, DRB2020. Thank you for reaching out. I'm glad I got your message. Do you have Wireless Internet or FiOS Internet?

*Haley

0 Likes