Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Poor reception
Gatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with Verizon since 2000. I have moved to moncks corner SC. My service reception is very very poor. What can I do about it, besides changing carriers? My area code is 29461. Very poor reception. Please help.

Labels (1)
Re: Poor reception
GARMAS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check with Verizon Customer Service.  What I found out is that Verizon 'Certified' phones (ones which Verizon has checked-out, and which their engineers have tested in the field work best on their network) sometimes have better signal reception due that their specifications are much higher than other phones, and may include a much more robust antenna within-side the phone.  Verizon told me that the Motorola android handsets seem to work best in areas which may have signal reception issues due to how their antenna's been placed inside the phone.   

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gatt, we know how important it is to make sure that your services are working properly at all times. When did you first start having this issue? Have you ever had good service in your new home? Are you the only Verizon Wireless customer experiencing this issue in this location?

0 Likes
Gatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have never had any good reception at my house

On Tue, May 29, 2018, 22:59 vzw_customer_support <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gatt, I appreciate your long-standing loyalty since 2000 with Verizon Wireless and wouldn't want to lose you as a valued customer. Although indoor coverage cannot be guaranteed by any wireless carrier, I do understand that maintaining a reliable connection indoors is a must for you. Let's work towards a few options we can explore to help remedy this problem. What part of your service is impacted exactly when you attempt to use your device indoors? (Calls, text or data) What is the make and model phone you're using?

Please also reference our great online Troubleshooting Assistant attached below for some additional tips and steps you can take at your convenience. I hope this information is beneficial. http://spr.ly/6583DiKL5

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Gatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a troubleshoot with someone from Verizon. They told me that I am out

of line of sight to the cell towers.

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018, 16:25 vzw_customer_support <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you get reliable signal at home, Gatt. We appreciate your loyalty to us over the last 18 years, and we want to make sure that you get great performance from your service with us for many years to come. There are a couple medium- and long-term solutions available to you if you are living in an area where our network coverage isn't perfect. Do you have a landline internet connection? You may want to consider getting a Network Extender for use in and around your home. Our latest model available is the Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2. You can learn more about this device by following this link: http://spr.ly/6583DiZrf. Another option that may appeal to you is a Signal Booster, which is a third-party device that improves cellular coverage. One advantage Signal Boosters have is that they do not require a landline internet connection to operate, and in fact can be installed in a car, boat, or RV. For more information about signal boosters, please follow this link: http://spr.ly/6585DiZr7.

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
DANTH63055

I have very poor reception, I am a sales rep and I cover the entire US. I did not have a signle in Dallas on Sunday, St. Louis on Monday and Detroit on Tuesday. “No service” message at Dallas Love Field, Atlanta airport, and Detroit. When I do have. Single it is one bar to zero.

i have been having poor single in virtually ever major market, was not always this way. Going to have to get resolution or move on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DANTH63055, I appreciate bringing this service concern to our attention and want to help ensure we can improve these signal/no service problems as soon as possible. I can understand how much you rely on your service and wouldn't want to lose your business. I know it's vital your phone is working 100% of the time especially in the sales field. 

Your statement would lead me to believe your issue is more device related as this is not the typical experience in such major markets. What make and model phone do you have? What parts of your service do you notice are impacted the most with low reception? (calls, text or data connection)

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes