Poor download speeds in 97128 - barely over 1mb/sec
eric9595
Enthusiast - Level 2

Poor download speeds 97128 - I've been experiencing barely over 1mb/sec download speeds in 97128 for a week or so now, while upload speeds are around 19mb/sec. All on 4G LTE, I have the fastest unlimited data package, nowhere near my data slowdown limit.

Labels (1)
Re: Poor download speeds in 97128 - barely over 1mb/sec
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eric9595,

We're very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing trouble with your phone recently. I've been able to take a look at the area and we don't have anything currently happening there with the network. Does the issue seem to affect you while you travel during the day? For example, if you drive to the next city or go to work, are you still seeing the same problem, also with the upload seeming unaffected? Do you know if any other Verizon Wireless devices experience the same problem where you do?

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
eric9595
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem is only there, where I work 8-5 M-F. When I am outside the area (North East McMinnville, OR) the service is fine. Just download speeds there. I don't have any other devices.

0 Likes
eric9595
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tested again today, after experiencing great download speeds all weekend outside the area, and it is still terrible here in McMinnville. I have to wait 30 seconds to view one instagram sized photo, and am unable to stream anything. 4 bars of 4G LTE service.

0.41 MB/sec download, 19.11 MB/sec upload. That seems pretty backwards and like there is an issue with the tower here. It was working great this morning at my house in 97007.  Unfortunately everyone else that I work with has another provider.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you taking the time to test the speeds again when you are at work, eric9595. It sounds like a classic case congestion on the tower, but we just need to gather more details just to be certain. I am sending a DM to you. 

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mikepolzen
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been going on for a over two weeks.  I opened a call and got blown off.  From 8 till 5 each day, there is no download bandwidth available in eastern McMinnville.  You have to leave the area to get any download speed.  All of our company phones are affected.  Voice calls go through, but we cannot use the phones to dispatch or close calls in a timely manner.  Speedcheck shows a max of 1Mbps starting at 8am.  Every day it's the same problem and still no resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to experience fast download speeds. What make and model of device are you using? You mentioned that this is an issue during regular business hours on the weekdays, have you been in the area at other times and experienced slower speeds at those times as well? When did you first notice that your download speeds were slow?

PeterP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
eric9595
Enthusiast - Level 2

Poor download speeds for about 2 months. This has been ongoing just in the immediate area served by that one tower, great everywhere else. Indoors & outdoors, makes no difference. Multiple devices (every device) affected. Mine is a Galaxy S7, but same problem in iPhone 8, X, Motorola android phones, and other model Galaxy phones. I have gone through every troubleshooting step multiple times with other tech support employees including a complete reset. We are getting frustrated that you guys can't just come out to the affected area and see your one tower is the issue. Upload speeds are still great. Full 5 bars 4G LTE. Heading to the other side of town to an area served by another tower brings the download speeds back to normal, then immediately after switching back to the tower serving the NE end of 97128, they drop off. Service has been great for 5 years until recently.We are not waiting past the end of this month for your problem to be resolved and will have to take our business elsewhere. Please just send a tower technician out to diagnose the real problem so we can stay with Verizon.-Eric  << Last name removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

It is important that you are able to experience fast download speeds. What make and model of device are you using? You mentioned that this is an issue during regular business hours on the weekdays, have you been in the area at other times and experienced slower speeds at those times as well? When did you first notice that your download speeds were slow?

PeterP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community

Start a new discussion in Verizon Wireless Services by email or at Verizon Community

0 Likes
mikepolzen
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have a dozen phones.  Different makes and models.  Indoors or out.  8 to 5 Monday through Friday download speed less than 1Mbps.  Upload is fine.  We are not the only ones with this problem for the last month.

Leave McMinnville and things are fine.

mikepolzen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not much response from Verizon on this.  It's been almost a month now and this is not the only thread discussing this problem.  When will they fix this?

0 Likes