Poor customer communication during outages. Changes coming?
DM6156

I experienced an outage (all day sunday for all practical purposes).  I have a network extender (yes, I live in an area > 5 millon people and it's marginal service).  After having multiple calls fail from 2 phones, I decided to power off my network extender, calls now work. Texting worked the entire time.

Called into verizon customer service, was informed there was an issue affecting a server that runs the network extender and it affected people "in the south". 

Verizon knows i have a network extender, they know I am affected by an outage, they  have my email address (billing notifications), they know texting works...why don't they send alerts indicating there is an outage? I didn't find public notifications of any outage on their website.

While the network extender was offline, i did drop several calls.  Which is pointless to report since I know I live in an area of marginal service (took me > 1 year of calls/complains to get verizon to test the network to tell me I live in a marginal service and the local verizon retail store didn't even know they are operating out of a marginal service area).

I was however surprised that verizion did send me text message indicating problem was resolved as I have requested multiple calls back on various other issues and never recieved a single call back.

I am still highly surprised a company as large as verizon who knows what customers are affected (they have all the date, just don't do anything with it) doesn't make any attempts to inform customer of issues/outages.

I will have to call back in later to get more details and ensure I get a billing credit (still haven't seen any credit for > 1 year call complaints to get my area tested to find out it was marginal service area).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor customer communication during outages. Changes coming?
Not applicable

Sigh...the case of someone else wanting their hand held while they use the bathroom.....

By the way, nights and weekends are free. So you want a credit of.... $0?

0 Likes