Poor coverage
AnitaJean

My husband and I are moving and we checked the coverage map which shows we should have NO issues. But we are lucky if we have one bar. How can this be fixed? 

0 Likes
Re: Poor coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing that we would want is for you to have issues with service in your new home. We will be happy to look into this for you to get it corrected. Have you tried to restart your device to see if the issue continues? What is the ZIP code where you are experiencing this issue? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
AnitaJean

We have tried that. The zip code is 98580

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be covered where you need our service the most. We totally understand that you stated you only get 1 bar of signal. However, are you having trouble with calls, text and data?

We ask because the signal strength does not always translate into service quality. Also, is the issue you are having just happening when indoors? What model phones do you have?

We want to make sure Roaming is turned On within the Settings of your phones.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
AnitaJean

I’m having trouble with text, calls, and data. Issues indoors and out. I have an iPhone 8 and my husband and an iPhone 11.  Both have the same issues. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AnitaJean,

We always want your services to be up and running. Let's review your coverage indoors. When having indoor coverage issues, we do ask customers to complete an indoor device health check https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-206337/ . Keep us posted with the connectivity results while connected to our network not Wi-Fi.-  PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
AnitaJean

The health check came back good. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AnitaJean, 

Thank you for completing those steps. Tell me, are all services (voice, data, messaging) still affected for both of you? I will be sending you a Private Note, too, so we can look more closely into it for you. 

-ChristinaB_VZW 

0 Likes
kathy2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

The last few days I have been terrible I drop calls on 3G that has never happended switched to LTE it does the same thing. Text messages are taking forever to send and i've not received any phone calls. I know something is wrong. My data doesn't run half the time either. I have been a verizon customer in the same house for two years with this service it's not the phone because my daughter is doing the same thing. We have done the turn the phones off put on airplane mode and nothing has fixed this issue. If this is not fixed by next billing cycle we will be leaving verizon after almost six years of service. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
WildThng
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same coverage problems in zip 37146.  Coverage has been getting progressively worse for at least a year.  All I see is the generic "Oh, we want you happy...", "Sorry, have you rebooted..." messages from Customer Service.

When is Verizon going to admit they have a problem?

My area has gone from full bars to 1-2 bars.

I would change carriers but I see the same complaints for AT&T.